For directors when filiming

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.
I am editor so i would like to stress this point very much, Erik this won't need discussion so feel free to lock this

When filming record for 5 seconds before you start action and 5 seconds after you say cut.

There is nothing worse when editing then when your dialog is cut off at the start or end and the conversation is useless. Some camera take off 1 second before and after a clip because when you hit record and stop recording cameras need to process the infomation.

Once again

When filming record for 5 seconds before you start action and 5 seconds after you say cut.

I always do this, it is very useful.

Good work Matt, but I don't see any use in locking it.
Maybe someone (like xWhereAmI?) has actually something to say to this.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:Good work Matt, but I don't see any use in locking it.
Maybe someone (like xWhereAmI?) has actually something to say to this.
alrighty then

When working with actors while using the five seconds I hit record about 4 seconds before I say action then after I say it my actors wait like 2 or 3 seconds before saying their lines or performing action.