Pre-Viz Thread Discussion

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.
I am trying to get a Canon 7D or 5D Mark II right now because they shoot beautiful video. My video camera is crap, but my video class teacher is willing to let me use one of his cameras if I can't get mine.

Also, my forensics teacher is going to let me use realistic fake blood for this so it will look real.

#1fan wrote:its just my editor would chop up music so it would seem ametureish
Erik wrote:I don't have any program at all.

Try George, he signed up yesterday...
I usually just use audio tools within Final Cut Pro when editing. It works nicely when I do my own little projects, but it sounds like there are people here more experienced with sound mixing.

George wrote:
#1fan wrote:its just my editor would chop up music so it would seem ametureish
Erik wrote:I don't have any program at all.

Try George, he signed up yesterday...
I usually just use audio tools within Final Cut Pro when editing. It works nicely when I do my own little projects, but it sounds like there are people here more experienced with sound mixing.
still sounds better than mine

#1fan wrote:
George wrote:

What program are using? Is it the type of thing that doesn't allow many audio layers or is it that you can't tweak specific points in an audio track?

George wrote:
#1fan wrote:

What program are using? Is it the type of thing that doesn't allow many audio layers or is it that you can't tweak specific points in an audio track?
Premier Pro CS4, but even then my audio editing is sub-par

Just got my first reply from craigslist ad, someone interested in playing a caucasian role. Said they're covered in tattoos, caucasian and indian.

Thinking maybe one of the robbers? They said they think they could play the robbery roll good specifically. Maybe a good look for it? Thoughts from anyone?

movieman1005 wrote:Just got my first reply from craigslist ad, someone interested in playing a caucasian role. Said they're covered in tattoos, caucasian and indian.

Thinking maybe one of the robbers? They said they think they could play the robbery roll good specifically. Maybe a good look for it? Thoughts from anyone?
Depends on how you wanna use him. This type of decision is completely up to you. Usually when casting actors that aren't even close to being proven, you put them through a casting and audition process. I am not talking about something intricate, complicated, or expensive. Just give him some lines, let him loosen up a bit, and see which role he shows you he can fill in better. For all we know, he can pull off the Patty character that was written in, or an a guy dressed up in a hoodie at night and we never see his face. It's completely up to you.

Remember though, you have plenty of other roles to fill in before we can move ahead. See who else you can get signed up into the project, and see where they best fit into the characters that we have...

Guys... we still need to figure out Teddy's colour palette for the game as well as sketches and storyboard (if necessary). Talk about what style and post any references you wish so they won't be sitting idly. Trading ideas with each director can also help creatively for the entire group.

Not trying to be annoying here, but I want to get everyone busy with something as much as possible.

niniendowarrior wrote:Guys... we still need to figure out Teddy's colour palette for the game as well as sketches and storyboard (if necessary). Talk about what style and post any references you wish so they won't be sitting idly. Trading ideas with each director can also help creatively for the entire group.

Not trying to be annoying here, but I want to get everyone busy with something as much as possible.
Game??? What?

niniendowarrior wrote:Guys... we still need to figure out Teddy's colour palette for the game as well as sketches and storyboard (if necessary). Talk about what style and post any references you wish so they won't be sitting idly. Trading ideas with each director can also help creatively for the entire group.

i was thinking of a green to dark blue colour correction