Pre-Viz Thread Discussion

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.
I think at one point chee talked about doing storyboards, if we can't get ahold of Anita maybe we should see if she has any time to do something like this.

theweatherman wrote:I think at one point chee talked about doing storyboards, if we can't get ahold of Anita maybe we should see if she has any time to do something like this.
I will let Erik decide on a cut off date. I don't like kicking out people, so why not volunteer Erik for that duty? :lol:

Roll call on Teddy and Anita... pretty please respond in some way or form.

I just realized the deadlines have already been set.
Erik wrote: Composer: (1 spot)
You will make the score of the movie. We are looking for something atmospheric. Think a bit of David Julyan's scores for Nolan. Your deadline will be August 31th.
Storyboard artist: (1 spot)
You will make a storyboard for the movie. This can either be the complete storyboard or only the one of the 'real killing'. Your deadline will be July 1st.
July 1st, makes other areas of production get pushed months later. Erik? Think we should look for another artist?

I haven't heard anything from Anita, but Teddy actually has his score almost finished. I don't know why he is not replying... Try sending a PM (again)?

As for Anita, there is no sense in kicking someone out of the project as long as we don't have a replacement. Try sending Anita a PM (again), her last visit was at least yesterday so she is active on the forum...

And the deadlines:
We need new ones. I will send the producers a e-mail with all the info, but nothing is set yet.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:I haven't heard anything from Anita, but Teddy actually has his score almost finished. I don't know why he is not replying... Try sending a PM (again)?
I sent a PM now. We'll see. I don't know if he ever posted a score, but the directors will likely need to review that as well.
Erik wrote: As for Anita, there is no sense in kicking someone out of the project as long as we don't have a replacement. Try sending Anita a PM (again), her last visit was at least yesterday so she is active on the forum...
The PM I sent now was to both of them. We'll see if she responds. I think that it may be prudent to begin looking for a replacement anyhow in case she does seemingly drop out though.
Erik wrote: And the deadlines:
We need new ones. I will send the producers a e-mail with all the info, but nothing is set yet.
OK.

Haha sorry guys, I haven't been on the forums recently (only checking 1-2 threads that I'm subscribed to) but I did get the PM notification.

I'll be pretty busy with school in a couple of weeks, but let me know what you guys need in terms of detail, or whether you just interested in getting camera movements finalized or something like that.

I made a 1m30s demo for the opening of the movie. It sets a tone and establishes some ideas that can be used throughout the rest of the film.

I'm ready to start writing more, but I'd like to get a better sense of the pacing and camera movement before writing several minutes of music that might not match.

This is exactly why we need to start discussing this together, but I'm not the director. I'm merely the task master to keep things moving. Right now, I think it's appropriate that the directors start talking about how they want the movie to look. As we all trade ideas, we'll be able to determine whether Teddy's composition is appropriate to where the directors want to take the movie to.

Do you guys want to discuss this on Skype? You can also begin it right here. The ball is officially passed to the directors.

Directors:
movieman1005: Interrogation scenes + Flashbacks
NothinButM: Present segment
xWhereAmI?: Introduction scene

Rest of the crew: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... z1UmGsevZj

Feel free to post reference pictures and possible location ideas to get a better visualization. Also start talking about the camera movements. As we start trading materials, it'll hopefully inspire everyone creatively to provide more input.

For Teddy, I think you should probably be part of the input (with the directors) on the movie's look and how the music augments the visuals. Feel free to post (repost) the material you had for the opening.

One more thing. Everyone, for Pete's sake... subscribe to this thread and LET'S GET THIS MOVIE FINISHED! :goNF:

TeddyBlass wrote:I made a 1m30s demo for the opening of the movie. It sets a tone and establishes some ideas that can be used throughout the rest of the film.

I'm ready to start writing more, but I'd like to get a better sense of the pacing and camera movement before writing several minutes of music that might not match.
I'm gonna need to hear it. I like to hear the music before a scene so I can direct it to fit the score.

I'd like to point out however that Teddy's music shouldn't be treated as final (no offense intended for Teddy). I don't think it's right to be dictated by a tentative score if that is not the vision the director wants it to be. It is good however to use it as a means of creatively kickstarting the discussion. If the music needs to be changed or tweaked, please air those sentiments.