Cancelled?

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.
Okay, right now this is the deal:

I told people before that I felt like producing this movie al by myself and was tired of that. So nothing happened 'till now. I e-mailed both co-producers (freakybatman and nineindowarrior) about the project and they are still in. I also PMed all directors we had and only one of them replied.

I can only come up with the conclusion that we have to cancel the project. If there are any other idea's, suggestions or opinions, please speak! Because if you don't, nothing will happen (again)...

I'm still up for it, but how are you guys?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

To be honest... if you really wanted to continue this, this is the time you trim down the fat. If you have only a couple of people that are interested, then I'd suggest sharing the film effort with those people. Only the truly interested and passionate will carry the project. I don't like cancelling projects because they set a precedent, but I know I don't have much of a role here at all. All I can do is give you my two cents and in my opinion, if you have one director who's interested, make use of him and perhaps share some of the work effort with him or her. That is... if, you want to get this thing done.

I agree with above, and also might have another suggestion for future reference. Maybe sign only a few people per task (especially directing). I think that there might not only be more consistency in the look, feel, style, etc. of the project, but I honestly think it would be more likely to get done with one or two really dedicated people than just a few who would throw their hat into the ring and then nothing happens. I'm still up for trying to film my part again if other people are still keeping in contact, but IDK at this point....

movieman1005 wrote:I agree with above, and also might have another suggestion for future reference. Maybe sign only a few people per task (especially directing). I think that there might not only be more consistency in the look, feel, style, etc. of the project, but I honestly think it would be more likely to get done with one or two really dedicated people than just a few who would throw their hat into the ring and then nothing happens.
I whole-heartedly agree. Having fewer sets of people will improve the consistency of the look and feel of the movie. More importantly, get dedicated people to do the work. Lay down the law and get the project moving or put an end to its misery. Its really up to you, Erik.

I would absolutely love to be involved... I never said anything, because it looked like this project was under way before I joined, but if there's people who are no longer interested then i'd be happy to fill empty spots.

Perhaps we could do this project with only 2 directors?

The present and flashback sequences?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:Perhaps we could do this project with only 2 directors?

The present and flashback sequences?
Probably. It's a good way of doing things. The only way you're going to be able to get things moving is by zero-ing in on who's still on board and figure out how to split the tasks. Just my two cents.

Alright, let's do this then!

PseudoHawk, what kind of job can you do for the project?

If there's any space left I could join the crew. But yes, it's better to finish what you guys started.

Erik wrote:Alright, let's do this then!
Great! I always believed waiting kills interest. Don't wait. Just do it! :D