Should we continue?

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.

Should we continue producing Tre Misfatti

There is nothing wrong with the project, so yes!
14%
We've come a long way, let's finish it.
43%
No, the production is too hard.
43%

Total votes: 7

Hey guys,

In an other topic I said that I was going to PM TheDreamIsHere and CrazyEight about there participation in the collaboration. CrazyEight told me he was not able to fill in the last director spot, but TheDreamIsHere will be back soon. Production for his segment got delayed due to a family emergancy, but he said he can start again soon.

Anyway, with one missing director and another one having trouble with the production, I would like to ask the following question:
Should we continue with the production of 'Tre Misfatti'?

The most difficulty about this project is that the directors, who are working volunterely and are all amature filmmakers, have almost no freedom in directing. I have another thing in mind, which will work a lot better. I will explain the idea later, first I'd like some reactions to my first question.

(Oh and by the way, we probably keep 'Tre Misfatti' in mind for a next collaboration project.)
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

I think that out of principle, you should always push to finish what you start. This simply starts a pattern of starting things and not completing them.

i think you should still do it to some extent
like make more realistic guidelines for people who are less committed to follow

I would say continue. It's been a little tricky at some points, but I'll still be willing to pull through. I have been very busy, but I was just recently looking at my schedule for upcoming dates that I could film my segment, and it would be fairly soon.

But I know it's hard for many others, so whatever you decide will be a good choice. My vote would just to not call off everything entirely and do nothing at all...

Okay guys, it's clear!

I just send out an e-mail to the fellow producers to get this project running again! I finished a first draft of the Present Segment screenplay which will be reviewd by ninendowarrior and freakybatman first, before releasing it on the site.

Let's get this baby back on the road!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

So should I shoot for sure, then? Anyone out there?

Yes!

Production will be continued, the movie will be finished!

Oh and by the way, about the deadline/release:
As stated before, this Collaboration is something we might do more in the future. The idea was to do one every year that Nolan releases one of his movies (which will result in the next collaboration movie to be produced in 2012). This means that we want to release this movie before December 31th of this year.

This means we only got two and a half months. We'll be setting some deadlines soon.

Hey everyone. I am pumped that this is back up again! I am still slated as sound editor so if anything on that subject comes up, let me know.