Director topic

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.
Directors,

Some of you are having some problems with producing your segment. Please tell me (in this topic) all things you are strugling with. We can all start searching for a solution. I know some of you said your problems before, but all in diferent topics, so let's just keep them here.

Next thing, some advise!
If you have trouble motivating your crew/cast, start with something simple. Start with the interrogation room scene. You have little preperation for that. All you need is a clear wall (prefered grey or white), a desk and your leading actor. Once you've got this scene straight, everyone will get his/her motivation to complete the film. Besides that, the interrogation scene is the core of the movie. It's easier to complete that first.

Oh and by the way, the officer is going to be the same voice actor, every segment. If it is easier for you and your actor to have someone say the lines of the officer out loud there, you can. But we will change the voice of him during the editing. Therefor you don't need to cast an officer.

Good luck!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

I just want to let all the directors know, as soon as you are done with your segment send me a rough cut, so I can get some basic sound outlines.

Hey guys,

It has been quiet for a while now. How is production going?

Give an update! ;)
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Ok, I am into planning and should be filming in the upcoming weekends.

Few ?'s

I use a red van for my segment, right? Would that be variable at all? At this point I cannot think of me or anyone I know who has a red van. I thought it might not matter much with it's part in the story, but wasn't sure what you thought.

Have an option or two for a location and a house. That should be good. Have couple people in mind I'm talking to about the acting. Right now many people are busy with various things such as fall fest. @ school, but in twoo weeks that will be done and schedules will free up for many (although I was hoping to shoot before then). I myself was planning on directing, shooting, etc.

Things are looking much better for me that I previously thought.