NO TDKR MIDNIGHT SHOWINGS OUTSIDE US?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
SilverHeart wrote:It'll be interesting to see why they chose not to do it. Kinda random.

Ah well, at least I'll still be able to see it at midnight.
The movie has an ending so epic/shocking, that it would spread on the internet with the speed of light. So the Nolans decided that English people should not see the movie before American people, because the internet would be full of spoilers by the time the movie opens in the US :o

DHOPW42 wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:It'll be interesting to see why they chose not to do it. Kinda random.

The movie has an ending so epic/shocking, that it would spread on the internet with the speed of light. So the Nolans decided that English people should not see the movie before American people, because the internet would be full of spoilers by the time the movie opens in the US :o
I think all us foreigners are smart enough to avoid the net then.

lalyil wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:
I think all us foreigners are smart enough to avoid the net then.
Ill pull out my cable.

Nooooo I was supposed to see it on the 19th :( God damn it

Maybe you guys will have a BB/TDK/TDKR marathon starting at midnight?

nolannolanchrischris wrote:Maybe you guys will have a BB/TDK/TDKR marathon starting at midnight?
so not happening.. though how hardcore would that be? I went to a gig (Faith No More) that started at midnight. best time to party.

lalyil wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote:Maybe you guys will have a BB/TDK/TDKR marathon starting at midnight?
so not happening.. though how hardcore would that be? I went to a gig (Faith No More) that started at midnight. best time to party.
Yeah that would be pretty cool, dunno if I'd be able to sit through it at that time though.

Random? This is probably a good thing! These kinds of decisions are usually left up to the studio and distributors, and by not doing any midnight showings, they have all but confirmed that the ending is going to be extremely epic/surprising/polarizing/satisfying/etc. They obviously don't want it spreading minutes after the UK audience sees it. On the bright side, all our brethren in the UK get to watch it for the first time at the same time as us!

Well... IMAX Melbourne are advertising midnight screenings as part of the trilogy on the evening of the 18th (so, the 19th for TDKR)...

It'll be interesting to see if that changes.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

even if the film opens for me on the 27th won't there be midnight??