How Early Will You Go?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Wow, assigned seating would be nice.

Most of my friends and I have work on the 19th, so we can't make midnight showings. Plus, all midnight IMAX showings are sold out. And, none of us were up for the 4 a.m. or 8 o'clock showings on the 20th.

We agreed to meet at Lo-Lo's (http://loloschickenandwaffles.com/) at 9 a.m. for breakfast then head over to the 70mm IMAX for the nooner -- try to get there by 10:30.
*We bought tickets already just in case.*

As of today, I counted four sellouts of theaters showing the The Dark Knight Trilogy in the Phoenix area.

Soap141 wrote:My IMAX theatre has assigned seating. Pre-ordered 2 seats 1 month ago. Will be showing up 5-10 minutes before.

No one else has assigned seating?
Yeah I've also got allocated seating at my local IMAX. No need to wait for hours in line thankfully.

In Holland, the theatres are not allowed to show the film before 6AM (that's midnight in NYC).

However, the cinema that I am going to is having a Batman marathon, with showing Batman Begins and The Dark Knight from midnight 'till 6AM. That means that I will watch Batman Begins in cinema for the first time and The Dark Knight for the second time (first time since it's release in 2008). Besides that, Batman Begins will start at midnight. My birthday will start at midnight too! :D
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

DesertTurtle wrote:
So basically, theaters sell more tickets than the number of seats they have? Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a ticket months before they movie comes out...
i think more screening rooms are added. that's what happened to my theater.

Sarei88 wrote:
DesertTurtle wrote:
So basically, theaters sell more tickets than the number of seats they have? Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a ticket months before they movie comes out...
i think more screening rooms are added. that's what happened to my theater.
I hope so. It would suck if they turned people away and made them go to a different showing even though they bought tickets for the midnight showing.

I feel bad for you guys whose theaters don't have reserved seating

hotsauce32 wrote:I feel bad for you guys whose theaters don't have reserved seating
i think that's why there's so much emphasis on arriving to the theater early. the problem is finding a good seat. at least, that's my issue and several others. i had crappy seats when i saw tdk for the first time and the line was passed the door at lincoln square (nyc) just for an afternoon showing. i told myself i wouldn't make that mistake again. i'm heading to a midnight screening so, i know i need to get there extra early.
Last edited by Sarei88 on July 15th, 2012, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm actually waiting on line as we speak I want to make sure I get prime seating! :twothumbsup:

batman8429 wrote:I'm actually waiting on line as we speak I want to make sure I get prime seating! :twothumbsup:
you serious?

Sarei88 wrote:
batman8429 wrote:I'm actually waiting on line as we speak I want to make sure I get prime seating! :twothumbsup:
you serious?
Think he may have the local midnight showing on Thursday/Friday night confused with the SD Comic Con Twilight panel...