How Early Will You Go?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I'd love to do the marathon screening, but there is no way my old butt can stand to be in a theater seat for 8 hours.

I'm planning on getting to the theater 2-3 hours ahead of time. My older daughter is going to watch it with me, so I'm limited to the amount of time she's willing to wait. If I can get her mother to drop her off at some point, I'll likely go earlier.

Probably 10 minutes before the movie. IMAX and UltraAVX both have reserved seating now in Canada so I just have to buy the tickets online, reserve my seats and show up literally 10 minutes before the movie lol.

probably show up in the middle of the prologue...fashionably late...if that makes me look like a pretentious douche bag. :ninja:

Hustler wrote:I thought my two-hour drive was going to be long. Bravo, sir. I salute you. Are you planning on staying at a hotel or driving straight home afterward? If you do the marathon, which would quite literally make that an all-day affair for you, I can't imagine driving four hours when it will already be around 3am. However, I'm sure your mind will be racing as with everyone else, so I doubt being tired would be an issue.
Oh, we're definitely staying in town for at least a day afterward.
I have a friend who's putting us up for the night after the film (or films, if the marathon is a go).
We're turning the whole trip into one major Dark Knight Trilogy party, so I'm not worried about sleep.
And I still contend that if you can handle the marathon, both physically and mentally, then do it.
I tend to watch BB and TDK together anyway, so adding TDKR is quite literally the cherry on top.
The only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.

I already got my tent set up outside of the theatre. I'll be living here until midnight release.

Since I have friends coming I'm doing the marathon. Dis gon b gud
Sigs???

If memory serves, we got to The Dark Knight midnight IMAX showing at around 10 pm. We weren't the first in line, but close to it.

I'd like to get there between 9 and 9:30 this time around.

corderouge wrote:My IMAX theatre is running a trilogy screening event,
so I'll be there at 6pm to watch Batman Begins,
then they'll provide us with dinner
then TDK
then at midnight,
TDKR

July 18th, 6pm, here I come :D
Damn! That's a nice service with the dinner and all!
President and Chief Financial Officer of The Official Faora Fan Club Est. 2013

Havent decided how early I will get there, depends on how many midnight shows there are. Went to the Avengers midnight showing 3 hours early and was like the 15th person there. but only 3 midnight shows. Harry potter was another beast though, 4 hours early and I was like the 400th person there. but had 10 midnight shows though. so im gettin there probably around 7 maybe earlier if they sell out all midnight showings. ill be to damn excited to sit at home.

I gotta catch a midnight showing before I leave at 8 am the same day to travel 400 miles to see my cousin get married day in an area where there's no movie theaters. Will be there for 5 days. When I come back...I'm seeing this movie as many times as I can. 16?