TDKR Reviews Discussion

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

TICKETS BURNED

oh well , we tried.

I don't understand why this guy is worshipped as some kind of bellwether anyway. Is it because he's on TV and his criticism is extremely easy to access?

I mean, some of his writing on film is really quite good and on occasion he can really pull apart why a film does or doesn't work, but this blind worship of one person's opinion is frankly dangerous.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

Guys you just don't get it. Nolan doesn't have enough class to please the academy. Films about stuttering monarchs and slave prodigies demonstrate true sophistication. Social class tensions and administrations abusing their power through lies (The Harvey Dent Act and Wayne's surveillance machine) to achieve an "ethical" society aren't intellectually penetrating enough for such a proud group of scholars like the academy. Plus the movie doesn't have Meryl Streep in it :thumbdown:
"When art imitates life"

The TDK trilogy is like the Mass Effect trilogy.

ME1 and BB=Great Game/Film
ME2 and TDK=Excellent Game/Film
ME3 and TDKR=It was excellent until the goddamn ending.

Now all we need Nolan to do (like how Bioware and EA did) is to make an extended cut and change the ending when it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray.

All this discussion, you'd swear Ebert gave a bad review of the film lololol... I thought 3/4 stars was positive, not bad/not amazing rating?

dafox wrote:Guys you just don't get it. Nolan doesn't have enough class to please the academy. Films about stuttering monarchs and slave prodigies demonstrate true sophistication. Social class tensions and administrations abusing their power through lies (The Harvey Dent Act and Wayne's surveillance machine) to achieve an "ethical" society aren't intellectually penetrating enough for such a proud group of scholars like the academy. Plus the movie doesn't have Meryl Streep in it :thumbdown:
You are reading into it too much...

All we wanted was an ending worthy of what Nolan built in the first two instalments. Just... a....simple... heroic... ending.

After looking at some of these posts that show Ebert's history of scoring films, he doesn't seem like knows much anything.

Ebert gave it a positive review. Everyone please calm down.