TDKR Reviews Discussion

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Just got my Empire issue and i can confirm there is no TDKR review in this issue.

RabidBEBOP wrote:Just got my Empire issue and i can confirm there is no TDKR review in this issue.
I am very dissapointed :cry:

poplar wrote:
RabidBEBOP wrote:Just got my Empire issue and i can confirm there is no TDKR review in this issue.
I am very dissapointed :cry:
I wasn't really expecting one this issue, but it would have been nice.

eviews for Nolan's summer action movies typically start popping up at the tail end of June. So I'd expect the reviews to start rearing at the end of this week! Also, a reliable foreign source (via Twitter) said that the embargo for top tier critics' reviews will end on June 29th -- that's 4 days away! Remember, Peter Travers unleashed a mini-review at the end of June for The Dark Knight. So this week should be the week we see some reviews
I think they are screening the film on June 29th to critics, no embargo will be lifted on that day.

They won't review the film this early because they sign an embargo not to write about it and don't forget this is one whole month before the film comes out. Don't expect anything until 2 days before release I would say.

Batfan175 wrote:Don't expect anything until 2 days before release I would say.
I'm fairly certain we will see reviews way before then.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:Don't expect anything until 2 days before release I would say.
This is not like Inception and it's not TDK. Inception had no fanbase, it was not a multimillion dollar property owned by the studio so if anything early rviews helped getting the moviegoers attention because we had not been given anything until 2 months before the release. With TDK it was fairly safe that the movie was a great hit because people were already excited about the film months before it came out (due to positive feedback surrounding heath ledger's performance) so the studio could afford to have early reviews coming out because they were just cementing the good reputation of the film. Fact is, many people are sceptical about this third film because of the possible threequel curse, because it looks too grim and depressing, because it deals with controversial issues that people don't want to think about whilegoing to the cinema, because it does not have colourful villains, because of the backlash surrounding bane's voice and catwoman's costume, because they doubt Anne Hathaway can deliver, etc... This film had to face so many nitpicks already that the studio will want to get in as many people as possible, meaning they will not allow for reviews that could possibly raise negative points and it's Nolan's last batman film so i'm sure he would not want to have early reviews ruin or jeopardize the experience either. That's incidentally why they cancelled early screenings for the film in the UK. Either reviews will come out max. 3 days before the release or the day of the release.

Batfan175 wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:
This is not like Inception and it's not TDK. Inception had no fanbase, it was not a multimillion dollar property owned by the studio so if anything early rviews helped getting the moviegoers attention because we had not been given anything until 2 months before the release. With TDK it was fairly safe that the movie was a great hit because people were already excited about the film months before it came out (due to positive feedback surrounding heath ledger's performance) so the studio could afford to have early reviews coming out because they were just cementing the good reputation of the film. Fact is, many people are sceptical about this third film because of the possible threequel curse, because it looks too grim and depressing, because it deals with controversial issues that people don't want to think about whilegoing to the cinema, because it does not have colourful villains, because of the backlash surrounding bane's voice and catwoman's costume, because they doubt Anne Hathaway can deliver, etc... This film had to face so many nitpicks already that the studio will want to get in as many people as possible, meaning they will not allow for reviews that could possibly raise negative points and it's Nolan's last batman film so i'm sure he would not want to have early reviews ruin or jeopardize the experience either. That's incidentally why they cancelled early screenings for the film in the UK. Either reviews will come out max. 3 days before the release or the day of the release.
:batface: Great Point. But if WB likes the critical reaction they will most surely lift the embargo early to silence the naysayers and so they can have some quotes to put in the upcoming TV spots. But for now we will have to wait until after at least June 29th when the advanced screenings are shown to critics.

We might not get full reviews but we'll definitely get twitter reactions. Its inevitable. Expect Devin Faraci to thrash it on his twitter.

Batfan175 wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:
People were already excited months ago for TDKR. It's safe to say we'll get at least one review in these two weeks.