TDKR Reviews Discussion

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Falcone wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:
What the fuck are you saying?
Sparknotes, Micool edition:

hah getting mad at reviews already
The first "sentence" indicates earnest displeasure of people's projected expectations of the new film.

the stans :hah:
"The Stans" transcends normal understanding, but to those with deep international understanding of film will recall a 2003 documentary called, "Meet the Stans" released by BBC. In the documentary, filmmaker Simon Reeve travels the world, including Kazaktahn. Perhaps this is meant to be a reference to the mockumentary film Borat, but only the author Micool understands the true meaning.

travers review in 2 weeks with a rating of 4/4 stars
The Rolling Stone film critic Peter Travers will review this film in or earlier than two weeks from today (June 14) and will give a glowing review.

book it
"Book it" can either mean to plan to do something or a command, telling the target to leave immediately. Micool was clearly meaning to highlight the importance of "the stans :hah:" but since nobody knows what the fuck "the stans" are, we have no idea what this motherfucker is trying to say.

cant wait till da trolls come out to play...we all know who
Micool highly anticipates when the trolls (internet lingo for one who peruses message boards in search of making people frustrated by his/her controversial opinion). Micool seems to imply the Nolan Fans community knows who will be "trolling" but is unclear whether they will be trolling reviews, the film, or something else. Perhaps this is a deconstructionist analysis that reveals that Micool is indeed himself a troll.
I think "Stans" is in reference to Eminem's song "Stan." It is often used to describe obsessive fans.

athabasca wrote:My friend's brother's father's sister's daughter's niece saw the movie and gave it a 1/4.Seems Jeep swenson screwed it up.
So in other words, your friends second cousin once removed. :)

Yeah a 3.5/4 is a great score, but how do we know these people actually saw it? I'm betting Travers will give it a 3.5/4 like TDK (I'm pretty sure that is what he gave it). I'm trying to remember this correctly, but I think right after Travers' review for TDK came out a local radio station interviewed him on it and all he seemed to give was a ton of praise and it didn't even get a 4/4.

Red Hood wrote:
athabasca wrote:My friend's brother's father's sister's daughter's niece saw the movie and gave it a 1/4.Seems Jeep swenson screwed it up.
What about Halle Berry and Uwe Boll?
Went like

Uwe Boll : Get your paws of me you cathead

Patience Philips : Dont be shy

i feel quite offended by these posts tbh

i forgot that motherfuckers name but he probably a ny critic no diss to the city im just saying

:goNF:

Barrett wrote: I think "Stans" is in reference to Eminem's song "Stan." It is often used to describe obsessive fans.

i wonder how many JGL ones are on here :JGLface:

Micool wrote:i feel quite offended by these posts tbh

i forgot that motherfuckers name but he probably a ny critic no diss to the city im just saying

:goNF:

Barrett wrote: I think "Stans" is in reference to Eminem's song "Stan." It is often used to describe obsessive fans.

i wonder how many JGL ones are on here :JGLface:
i think you're fun to read. plz dont leav

armond white thats his name

even he will bend the knee Nolan and give a positive review

Micool wrote:armond white thats his name

even he will bend the knee Nolan and give a positive review
Couldn't of said it any better myself.

I don't know it anyone has seen this, but right now, the BFCA has TDKR at 100/100. However, voting is still in progress so I wouldn't put much stock into it. It does mean though, that some critics have seen it.

Beetles wrote:I don't know it anyone has seen this, but right now, the BFCA has TDKR at 100/100. However, voting is still in progress so I wouldn't put much stock into it. It does mean though, that some critics have seen it.
BFCA?