BFI IMAX tickets on sale June 11th

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Official now... so the countdown on the Facebook UK page was for it, as expected :)

http://www.bfi.org.uk/help/imax.html

Going on sale: The Dark Knight Rises - The IMAX Experience (12A TBC)
We are excited to announce that on Monday 11 June at 00:01 (Sunday midnight/Monday morning), tickets for The Dark Knight Rises – The IMAX Experience will be going on sale at BFI IMAX. We will be the only cinema in London showing The Dark Knight Rises in a 15/70mm IMAX DMR film print. The film will feature about 55 minutes of footage shot on IMAX cameras, filling the entire BFI IMAX screen.

Here are a few tips to help you through the booking process:

Our ticket desk at BFI IMAX opens daily at 10:30 and remains open until 15 minutes after the final public screening of the day begins, which is 21:35 during the week of 11 June. Please note that IMAX tickets can not be purchased at the BFI Southbank box office.

The BFI IMAX phone lines (020 7199 6000) are open daily from 10:30 to 19:30. Please make sure you have your credit card details and BFI Membership number (if you are a member) ready when calling. All calls are processed in the order we receive them. We will answer your call as soon as we can, although waiting times may be longer than normal. A number of tickets for each screening are only available in venue, or over the phone, so it's always worth calling even if a film appears fully booked.

If you are planning to buy your tickets online, for a smoother transaction during busy periods, you should make sure you have registered your details ahead of time. If you haven't signed up for BFI IMAX email updates, or haven't bought tickets at BFI IMAX before, then you will need to register. At the moment the only way of doing this, without buying tickets, is to sign up for email alerts. If you wish, once subscribed, you can elect to opt out of receiving messages from us, while keeping your details on our booking system. Subscribers to other email lists and Members will need to sign up separately.

We know that demand for this film will be high and are doing everything we possibly can to make the booking process as smooth as possible.

Thank you and see you soon at the BFI IMAX!

Thanks A LOT!
I gotta get me one of those :oldmanface:

2 in fact...

Thanks a bunch for the info! :D Hope this applies to my local IMAX further up north. I'm gonna be waiting and refreshing my computer like mad on that day.

Grimm wrote:Thanks a bunch for the info! :D Hope this applies to my local IMAX further up north. I'm gonna be waiting and refreshing my computer like mad on that day.
Me too, but the Bradford one is notoriously rubbish for stuff like this. :x

Im not seeing it in IMAX :(. Not until the weekend, anyway
Sigs???

They go on sale around my area that same day, I'll be waiting till Midnight so I can buy them ASAP!

madcowre wrote:Me too, but the Bradford one is notoriously rubbish for stuff like this. :x
Could sign up for the Odeon newsletter perhaps? I signed up for the Odeon Manchester newsletter and they frequently send me out film times, booking information and stuff for the Manchester one - so they might give info out on The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX when it becomes available to book. But they're not exactly reliable, I mean for example when Prometheus was up for booking, they didn't send me an email as soon as they became available, it was only by chance when I was casually browsing one day on the Odeon website that I managed to get the tickets. Just an option I guess. :D

Do these tickets apply just to IMAX? When get I get advanced tickets for my local, regular theater? (hurumph)
Sigs???

I am on this!!!

apw
Just a reminder that tickets go on sale at midnight! :twothumbsup: