TDKR Academy Awards Predictions

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I'd like to think if he's extraordinary enough, at least as good as Heath was (of course he shouldn't have to do the other thing Heath did) he stands in a chance.
I refer you to Christoph Waltz' win. His character was quite comic-ish.

lalyil wrote:I'd like to think if he's extraordinary enough, at least as good as Heath was (of course he shouldn't have to do the other thing Heath did) he stands in a chance.

Waltz, Ledger, Bale

when you combine exciting theatrical form with inner truth it is mesmerizing, captivating, and believable

mchekhov wrote:
lalyil wrote:I'd like to think if he's extraordinary enough, at least as good as Heath was (of course he shouldn't have to do the other thing Heath did) he stands in a chance.

Waltz, Ledger, Bale

when you combine exciting theatrical form with inner truth it is mesmerizing, captivating, and believable
I think Bale's winning preformance was more on the lines of Charlize in Monster than a comic-bookish character though.. but yeah, with Heath's and Waltz's wins anything is possible. And I know most claim Heath won it cos he died.. but I would like to think Heath stood in a good chance of winning also if he was still alive. He bloody deserved it.

lalyil wrote:I reckon loads of nominations, no big wins. Though I'd have loved it if it was like the end of the trilogy Academy-party as ROTK was.
This.

mchekhov wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Of course you can. So are you going to kill him so he can get the nod, or...

people have to die to win oscars?
The only reason Heath got a nod and the win was because he croaked. The Academy wouldn't have given TDK the time of day otherwise.

Nelson wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

The only reason Heath got a nod and the win was because he croaked. The Academy wouldn't have given TDK the time of day otherwise.
We will never know. Heath got it, all that matters right now.

Nelson wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

RIP Robert Downey Jr, who must have also died to get nominated for his outlandish performance in Tropic Thunder :facepalm:

As for the four biggest awards, Best Actor, Actress, Picture, and Director, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Bale is awesome, but the only flaw about his Bruce Wayne is mostly how they don't explore the angle of how he acts as Bruce Wayne in public. If they played that up he'd be a certain nom, but it's not that big of a deal. For director, Nolan probably will deserve a nomination, but probably won't get it. In the chance he does, the Academy probably will swing towards someone like Tarantino.

SilverHeart wrote:As for the four biggest awards, Best Actor, Actress, Picture, and Director, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Bale is awesome, but the only flaw about his Bruce Wayne is mostly how they don't explore the angle of how he acts as Bruce Wayne in public. If they played that up he'd be a certain nom, but it's not that big of a deal. For director, Nolan probably will deserve a nomination, but probably won't get it. In the chance he does, the Academy probably will swing towards someone like Tarantino.
Yeah, Joss Whedon will probably sweep the awards.

Mason wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:As for the four biggest awards, Best Actor, Actress, Picture, and Director, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Bale is awesome, but the only flaw about his Bruce Wayne is mostly how they don't explore the angle of how he acts as Bruce Wayne in public. If they played that up he'd be a certain nom, but it's not that big of a deal. For director, Nolan probably will deserve a nomination, but probably won't get it. In the chance he does, the Academy probably will swing towards someone like Tarantino.
Yeah, Joss Whedon will probably sweep the awards.
I admit. I lol'd
Sigs???