TDKR Academy Awards Predictions

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
didich wrote:
natalie wrote:
Yeah, it's CBM time!!!
As I said, Sci-Fi and CMB films are in some kind of ghetto. But fantasy is, apparently, okay (maybe it has to do with the fact that is an older genre).

About the popularity of films like, Star Wars or even The Matrix some people try to argue and justify it by saying that it's more fantasy than Sci-Fi (THE MATRIX?!). The fact that The Return of the King won every Award from its nomination, while The Dark Knight only won 2 (and one to avoid riots more than anything) is something hard to believe.
Fantasy has difficulty getting recognition from the Academy too (although it's not quite as bad off as sci-fi; see here: http://www.filmsite.org/bestpics2.html). It's just that the Lord of the Rings trilogy basically demanded recognition. I hope The Dark Knight Rises has the same effect.

\

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
didich wrote:
As I said, Sci-Fi and CMB films are in some kind of ghetto. But fantasy is, apparently, okay (maybe it has to do with the fact that is an older genre).

About the popularity of films like, Star Wars or even The Matrix some people try to argue and justify it by saying that it's more fantasy than Sci-Fi (THE MATRIX?!). The fact that The Return of the King won every Award from its nomination, while The Dark Knight only won 2 (and one to avoid riots more than anything) is something hard to believe.
Fantasy has difficulty getting recognition from the Academy too (although it's not quite as bad off as sci-fi; see here: http://www.filmsite.org/bestpics2.html). It's just that the Lord of the Rings trilogy basically demanded recognition. I hope The Dark Knight Rises has the same effect.

\
Very ilustrative. Thanks! :twothumbsup:

I also hope TDKR can do this, I'm just cautious.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

The Dark Knight changed the Acadamey. I can almost guarantee a Best Picture nomination.

Luckily, the Oscars are rather irrelevant. The public gushes over the results. Who got snubbed? Who got rewarded?

None of it really matters. There is no correlation between winning an Oscar and box office success. That's a good thing, too, considering that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is largely a "good ole' boy'' political network. They claim to represent professional filmmakers, and perhaps they do, but what is their opinion truly worth? That's the question that the viewing public must ask themselves. Even for the actors and actresses, it doesn't necessarily mean a raise in pay. Tabloid popularity is considered to be a larger indicator of how marketable a celebrity is and the paychecks unfortunately show that.

"Academy Award Winner ... [name]" simply isn't worth much.

This is why I couldn't possibly care any less how well received TDKR is at next year's award ceremony. If it's epic and entertaining, I'll watch it even if its grosses and accolades are non-existent.

Best Picture is a guarantee. Id love for it to win and believe it will have a very great chance. It will be tough but this is the LAST of its kind. They did it for LOTR so you never know. And hell last year a Silent movie won BP, and NOLAN said he went back to that era for making TDKR in a way so....why not? ;)

Mean Mr. Mustard wrote:David Germain, the Associated Press movie critic (whose movie reviews are probably the most widely disseminated in the country), is all but saying TDKR should be nominated for best picture. This is big!

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/And- ... 699393.php
"Best chance for a superhero film to be nominated for Best Picture" is not nearly the same as "Should be nominated for Best Picture"

silverheart; at least this might be a good movie - unlike the avengers. go away
@sammyjankis88

What does Avengers have to do with this, and what's wrong with pointing out the actual statement of the article than an exaggerated version?

SilverHeart wrote:What does Avengers have to do with this, and what's wrong with pointing out the actual statement of the article than an exaggerated version?
you're right, it's pretty much like 'best box office record' not meaning 'it deserves best box office record' right?

and still, the tone of pretty much any article and especially this one imply that it also should be nominated