TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
natalie wrote:I have an excuse: It wouldn't open until july 26th in my country :(
Same here in Denmark :(
Will avoid reading any TDKR news/reviews between the july 20th and 26th.

natalie wrote:
But I think TDKR can break 200 Million. And I expect every member of this forum to be there opening weekend if not midnight release. Unless you have a very good excuse for not seeing TDKR opening weekend leave these forums :judge:
I have an excuse: It wouldn't open until july 26th in my country :(
F***k
That sucks.

shall we all just gate crash the premiere?

Keep in mind: every estimate for a potential big blockbuster this year has been obliterated once the actual numbers come in (a la Hunger Games, Avengers, Lorax, etc). With the Avengers O.W. haul being so large, I'm now quite confident TDKR will settle at around $210m for its opening weekend.

Maroti wrote:
natalie wrote:I have an excuse: It wouldn't open until july 26th in my country :(
Hello my friends, Croatia is with you. :cry:

Does anyone know an estimated number or a specific number of how many members there are in Nolanfans?

m4st4 wrote:
Maroti wrote:
Hello my friends, Croatia is with you. :cry:
I was starting to hope that I could see TDKR on the 20th or earlier, since we in DK had/have premiers for Tintin, Avengers, Prometheus before the US premiere.. But not that lucky this time around :(

Well, nice to know that I am not have to deal with the pain alone :D

UltraDangerLord wrote:Does anyone know an estimated number or a specific number of how many members there are in Nolanfans?
there's 3139 members. some would probably be inactive though.

Mason wrote:
natalie wrote: I have an excuse: It wouldn't open until july 26th in my country :(
F***k
That sucks.
I know. I watched The Advengers for free 10 days before that american audience but need to wait for TDKR. This life is SO unfair.

RabidBEBOP wrote:
UltraDangerLord wrote:Does anyone know an estimated number or a specific number of how many members there are in Nolanfans?
there's 3139 members. some would probably be inactive though.

3139 members x $12 (conventional theaters) = $37,668.
$37,668 x 3 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) = $113,004.

3139 members x $9.50 (some theaters cost less) = $29,820
$29,820 x 3 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) = $89,461

Now lets use TDK's opening weekend (158.4 million)
$158,411,483 + $113,004 = $159,541,187
or
$158,411,483 + $89,461 = $158,500,944

Now add that with the REST of the general audience not part of Nolanfans watching this, and I didn't even count the IMAX ticket prices. This can beat Avengers guys.

That's only conventional theaters. Assuming that some of you guys watch it in IMAX, you guys would contribute a whole lot more to the opening weekend. That's IF everyone in this forum goes on the opening weekend.

Also, I don't remember how much IMAX ticket prices cost. If anyone could tell me, I'll try to do the math.
Last edited by UltraDangerLord on May 6th, 2012, 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.