TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Monicabbm wrote:
TalkOnCorners wrote:In behalf of the female population, I'm apologizing to WB and Nolan for the idea that the female demographic is not as excited as the men with TDKR. I don't know what's going on in my fellow females' minds. :facepalm: I know I'm excited! :tooexcited:
+1
Sarei88 wrote:another female here, and this is my most anticipated film of the year! i don't know what female population they've been polling. i only saw the avengers once and that was enough for me. thank you... :-D

You all are my kind of ladies. Gotta love the girls of nolanfans 8-) :goNF:

I wonder if "unaided awareness" took into account only the title "The Dark Knight Rises." A lot of the general public still might not know the title, but I would think they know a Batman movie is coming out.

Hustler wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:The biggest demographic is kids. Avengers, Ice Age, etc have huge kid draws, but TDKR really doesn't. Not that no kids will see it, but the tone of the film after TDK might keep parents away.
If TDKR hits $200 million opening weekend, you have to eat your words. Literally, you have to print out all your posts relating to TDKR's box office and make a video of you eating them. :lol:
Hitting 200 million and beating the record are not necessarily the same thing.

I'm really feeling a strong opening as in $195 million but sort of skeptical about it hitting $200 million unless word travels fast which I hope it does.
President and Chief Financial Officer of The Official Faora Fan Club Est. 2013

SilverHeart wrote:
Hustler wrote:
If TDKR hits $200 million opening weekend, you have to eat your words. Literally, you have to print out all your posts relating to TDKR's box office and make a video of you eating them. :lol:
Hitting 200 million and beating the record are not necessarily the same thing.
No, not exactly but you've made many statements like this one:
SilverHeart wrote:It'll make a shit ton of money, hell, it has a good chance to beat out Deathly Hallows, but it doesn't have enough fuel to reach 200 million.
Also, the difference between hitting $200 million and beating the record is a "relatively small amount": $7.4 million. So...

Hustler wrote: No, not exactly but you've made many statements like this one:
SilverHeart wrote:It'll make a shit ton of money, hell, it has a good chance to beat out Deathly Hallows, but it doesn't have enough fuel to reach 200 million.
Yeah, because I don't think it'll have a 200 million OW. I'm guessing 190 million max.

Anything close to 200 without 3D would be impressive.
Last edited by Rashad28 on June 28th, 2012, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rashad28 wrote:Image

lolwut

Rashad28 wrote:Anything close to 200 without 3D would be impressive.
Hell, even just beating TDK's amount is impressive in general.

I'm guessing come the weekend of July 20, this will be the grossing rankings:
1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. Ice Age Continental Drift
3. The Amazing Spider-Man
4. Savages
5. Ted
6. Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D
7. Red Lights
8. idgaf after 7
President and Chief Financial Officer of The Official Faora Fan Club Est. 2013