TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
OW: $204M

I've been looking at this board for a very long time and finally decided to sign up. Avengers won't do $180M, heck may not even do $155M. First off, Avengers made $18.7M at midnights. That's with the higher ticket prices plus 3D and IMAX. Sure it's May but that still isn't that impressive at all considering that 4 years ago TDK did $18.5M and Hunger Games did $19.7M. Avengers will do about the same as Hunger Games imo. Definitely not making anywhere over $170 Million, Avengers would need at least $80M+ on Friday to even achieve that so I don't think that's going to happen.

the_End wrote:OW: $204M

I've been looking at this board for a very long time and finally decided to sign up. Avengers won't do $180M, heck may not even do $155M. First off, Avengers made $18.7M at midnights. That's with the higher ticket prices plus 3D and IMAX. Sure it's May but that still isn't that impressive at all considering that 4 years ago TDK did $18.5M and Hunger Games did $19.7M. Avengers will do about the same as Hunger Games imo. Definitely not making anywhere over $170 Million, Avengers would need at least $80M+ on Friday to even achieve that so I don't think that's going to happen.
Welcome to our home. As an initiation you must eat a dead fetus boiled in lobster blood. Get to it!
Sigs???

I think in the US TDKR will have the biggest opening weekend and biggest box office of the summer, but at the worldwide box office it will probably trail behind Avengers. Batman sadly only does modestly well outside of the US. That's been the trend so far so unless this breaks it by surprise (which I surely hope) it's probably not going to do as well as Avengers, worldwide. It will be close. Too close to call completely but this is my guess. In the US, Batman beats Avengers, opening weekend and overall, but worldwide maybe, maybe not. Even if it doesn't do any better than it has previously worldwide , the total of domestic and worldwide could likely still add up to enough to win over Avengers anyways.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendw ... p?id=86827
The Dark Knight Rises is a slam dunk no-brainer if only for the fact that like with The Avengers, this is about the return of a fan favorite, which is Christian Bale's Batman as directed by Christopher Nolan. In this case, the anticipation for their return has built over the four years since The Dark Knight and only a third of the people who saw the original movie (in North America) will have to go out to see its sequel opening weekend for it to set a new opening weekend record.

Dragon_316ca wrote:http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendw ... p?id=86827
The Dark Knight Rises is a slam dunk no-brainer if only for the fact that like with The Avengers, this is about the return of a fan favorite, which is Christian Bale's Batman as directed by Christopher Nolan. In this case, the anticipation for their return has built over the four years since The Dark Knight and only a third of the people who saw the original movie (in North America) will have to go out to see its sequel opening weekend for it to set a new opening weekend record.
Plus new audiences so it balances it out if thats true.
Sigs???

only a third of the people who saw the original movie (in North America) will have to go out to see its sequel opening weekend for it to set a new opening weekend record.
Something about this math feels really off to me. There's no way tickets have inflated that much. Ticket prices would have to be about what, three times higher then?

Do they mean a third of the total number of people who saw it in the entire friggin continent over the course of it's release, or on it's opening weekend?

SilverHeart wrote:
only a third of the people who saw the original movie (in North America) will have to go out to see its sequel opening weekend for it to set a new opening weekend record.
Something about this math feels really off to me. There's no way tickets have inflated that much. Ticket prices would have to be about what, three times higher then?

Do they mean a third of the total number of people who saw it in the entire friggin continent over the course of it's release, or on it's opening weekend?
1/3 of ALL people who saw it. Not just opening weekend.

I do hope this smashes the records :JGLface:

July will feature a lot of broken records... and I'm not talking about the Olympic Games :twothumbsup:

Hmm...I'll predict a $194 million opening weekend but I'd really like it to break the $200m mark. History in the making.