TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
My God. I'd never even conceptually considered a $200 million opening weekend box office before. And now it seems entirely possible. :tooexcited:

Mean Mr. Mustard wrote:The best indicator of how the Dark Knight Rises will open at the box office is the international betting markets. Right now, Intrade.com indicates that the Dark Knight Rises has a 90% chance of opening to at least $175 million and a 60% chance of opening to at least $200 million. According to these betting markets, the Dark Knight Rises is slated to have the biggest opening of any summer blockbuster by a significant margin. Go to http://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/?eventClassId=22 , click on Box Office Returns in the left-hand column, and see for yourself. I'm surprised no one on these forums has been following this.

Cheers.
175 wouldn't shock me at all, considering TDK's opening adjusts to 172. 200 seems a little nutty though lol.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
Mean Mr. Mustard wrote:The best indicator of how the Dark Knight Rises will open at the box office is the international betting markets. Right now, Intrade.com indicates that the Dark Knight Rises has a 90% chance of opening to at least $175 million and a 60% chance of opening to at least $200 million. According to these betting markets, the Dark Knight Rises is slated to have the biggest opening of any summer blockbuster by a significant margin. Go to http://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/?eventClassId=22 , click on Box Office Returns in the left-hand column, and see for yourself. I'm surprised no one on these forums has been following this.

Cheers.
175 wouldn't shock me at all, considering TDK's opening adjusts to 172. 200 seems a little nutty though lol.
The beauty is, if you think it's nutty, you can bet your own money that it has less than a 60% chance to hit $200 million (the current percentage as I type this). Mind you, I'm not saying you should. But the point is that this really cuts through all the b.s. and posturing.

$183.3M

I bet something around $180 :twothumbsup:

kor
The real question is, will it top last entry of HP or The Avangers which I read is now most anticapted blockbuster of summer 2012 (31% compared with TDKR's 22%)?

kor wrote:The real question is, will it top last entry of HP or The Avangers which I read is now most anticapted blockbuster of summer 2012 (31% compared with TDKR's 22%)?
Hope. That's all we can do.

kor wrote:The real question is, will it top last entry of HP or The Avangers which I read is now most anticapted blockbuster of summer 2012 (31% compared with TDKR's 22%)?
Avengers is only more anticipated at the moment because its marketing has been in high gear for weeks. WB hasn't even begun its marketing push because The Dark Knight Rises doesn't come out for three months. The betting markets underscore this.

It'll easily break the opening record, but 200 million...not sure...

So who's actually up for this? :?