TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Dragon_316ca wrote:Boxoffice.com
Updated international cume for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES: $577.7 million, $31 million of which comes from China after just 7 days in theaters.

New estimated worldwide total for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES: $1,010,900,000.
:clap:
{=}

The Special One wrote:
:clap:
*fist puuuump* :clap:

Updated international cume for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES: $577.7 million, $31 million of which comes from China after just 7 days in theaters.

New estimated worldwide total for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES: $1,010,900,000.
:twothumbsup: :clap: :goNF: :batman:
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

ryan4butler wrote: AMC ticket prices.
$12.50-standard
$14.50-3D
$19-IMAX 3D
i think so.
Yeah, but there aren't that many IMAX theaters in the US.. certainly not enough to constitute a massive percentage of BO earnings. On the other hand, 3D earnings can make up a good bit, but they definitely aren't covering nearly a third of BO earnings.

You're talking about most surcharge earnings having an additional 2 dollars. If you scaled the Dark Knight's 533 mill earnings back to the 70's when the ticket prices were roughly 2 bucks, that's about an additonal 150-200 mill. I don't think IMAX theaters are making that kind of money. I'd guess 3D and IMAX make up 250-300 mill of additional cash.. which is significant, but still sitting quite comfortably in its position on the all-time box office (obviously Harry Potter would be adjusted too).

Chris435 wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: AMC ticket prices.
$12.50-standard
$14.50-3D
$19-IMAX 3D
i think so.
Yeah, but there aren't that many IMAX theaters in the US.. certainly not enough to constitute a massive percentage of BO earnings. On the other hand, 3D earnings can make up a good bit, but they definitely aren't covering nearly a third of BO earnings.

You're talking about most surcharge earnings having an additional 2 dollars. If you scaled the Dark Knight's 533 mill earnings back to the 70's when the ticket prices were roughly 2 bucks, that's about an additonal 150-200 mill. I don't think IMAX theaters are making that kind of money. I'd guess 3D and IMAX make up 250-300 mill of additional cash.. which is significant, but still sitting quite comfortably in its position on the all-time box office (obviously Harry Potter would be adjusted too).
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:
Chris435 wrote:

:clap: :goNF:

Didn't Avengers, Avatar release in IMAX as well ? It just wasn't shot in IMAX, which in Avenger's case goes for 3D too. Here, let me make it simple..
Avatar - Shot in 3D, Not shot in IMAX, Released in IMAX and 3D
Avengers- Not shot in IMAX or 3D, Released in IMAX and 3D
The Dark Knight Rises- Shot in IMAX, Released in IMAX

srvxid wrote:Didn't Avengers, Avatar release in IMAX as well ? It just wasn't shot in IMAX, which in Avenger's case goes for 3D too. Here, let me make it simple..
They were in IMAX 3D. Not IMAX and 3D.

07202012 wrote:
srvxid wrote:Didn't Avengers, Avatar release in IMAX as well ? It just wasn't shot in IMAX, which in Avenger's case goes for 3D too. Here, let me make it simple..
They were in IMAX 3D. Not IMAX and 3D.
They were in IMAX 3D and regular 3D, IMAX 3D costs about as much as an IMAX ticket..

srvxid wrote:IMAX 3D costs about as much as an IMAX ticket..
Still enough to make a difference.