TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Why can't you release the numbers? I don't want to sound like a heartless dick? So are we gonna get the numbers for other movies and not this one?

Relax, guys.

Deadline:
I’ve just been told by a Warner Bros spokeswoman that the studio may do this “out of sensitivity to people”. Through midday today the studio was reporting The Dark Knight Rises grosses internationally and domestically as usual. Now it may suspend its box office reporting all weekend for Christopher Nolan’s final Batman trilogy installment. A final decision has not yet been made. It would be a highly unusual step for a company in the movie business that’s part of publicly owned Time Warner. And it is certainly the studio’s right to stay mute the rest of the weekend. However, the numbers will still get out because Rentrak reports grosses all through the weekend. So reporters like me will know how The Dark Knight Rises is doing.

I read something about the networks in US pulling TDKR spots and clips from airing. Any truth to this?

Angier wrote:I read something about the networks in US pulling TDKR spots and clips from airing. Any truth to this?
Yes, the networks pulled the ads of their own accord, but WB asked them to do the same shortly after. I've heard they want to reedit the TV spots, removing gun imagery from the ads.

Angier wrote:I read something about the networks in US pulling TDKR spots and clips from airing. Any truth to this?
Jupp, but that won't hurt the movie - by now there is not a single person on earth that hasn't heard about Dark Knight Rises.

I guess the film will take a nosedive in the coming days :cry:
@sammyjankis88

I’m told there are a lot of admissions still to count, but The Dark Knight Rises looks to be in the $70 million range Friday – give or take a few million here or there – from 4,404 domestic theaters. That’s the 5th all-time opening day. Look for a huge drop Saturday because of the $30.6M in midnight shows, including $2.2M IMAX grosses. (Previous installment The Dark Knight dropped -29% its Saturday, and this should be no different.) My sources say the 3-day weekend cume looks to be in the $165M range with the caveat that the Colorado tragedy may have an impossible-to-predict effect. This will be the largest grossing 2D North American opening weekend ever, past 2008′s The Dark Knight at $158M. However, despite the “like nothing ever happened” box office momentum which Warner Bros saw Friday morning, it is clear that The Dark Knight Rises numbers won’t be record-breaking. Yes, because of pre-sales, midnights shattered the $18.4M midnights generated by Marvel’s The Avengers earlier this summer. But it didn’t beat Avengers‘ $80.5M Friday and won’t beat Avengers‘ all-time $207.4M collected from 2D, Digital 3D, RealD, and IMAX 3D theaters.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/dark-kn ... -avengers/

Deadline is so crazy now update 77.2M
I was told last night there were a lot of admissions still to count. But this morning The Dark Knight Rises looks to be in the $77.2 million range Friday – give or take a few million here or there – from 4,404 domestic theaters. That’s the 3rd all-time opening day and the best 2D single day. Look for a huge drop Saturday because of the $30.6M in midnight shows, including $2.2M IMAX grosses. (Previous installment The Dark Knight dropped -29% its Saturday, and this should be no different.) My sources say the 3-day weekend cume looks to be in the $170M range with the caveat that the Colorado tragedy may have an impossible-to-predict effect. This will be the largest grossing 2D North American opening weekend ever, past 2008′s The Dark Knight at $158M. However, despite the “like nothing ever happened” box office momentum which Warner Bros saw Friday morning, it is clear that The Dark Knight Rises numbers won’t be record-breaking. Yes, because of pre-sales, midnights shattered the $18.4M midnights generated by Marvel’s The Avengers earlier this summer. But it didn’t beat Avengers‘ $80.5M Friday and won’t beat Avengers‘ all-time $207.4M collected from 2D, Digital 3D, RealD, and IMAX 3D theaters.

spade wrote:
I’m told there are a lot of admissions still to count, but The Dark Knight Rises looks to be in the $70 million range Friday – give or take a few million here or there – from 4,404 domestic theaters. That’s the 5th all-time opening day. Look for a huge drop Saturday because of the $30.6M in midnight shows, including $2.2M IMAX grosses. (Previous installment The Dark Knight dropped -29% its Saturday, and this should be no different.) My sources say the 3-day weekend cume looks to be in the $165M range with the caveat that the Colorado tragedy may have an impossible-to-predict effect. This will be the largest grossing 2D North American opening weekend ever, past 2008′s The Dark Knight at $158M. However, despite the “like nothing ever happened” box office momentum which Warner Bros saw Friday morning, it is clear that The Dark Knight Rises numbers won’t be record-breaking. Yes, because of pre-sales, midnights shattered the $18.4M midnights generated by Marvel’s The Avengers earlier this summer. But it didn’t beat Avengers‘ $80.5M Friday and won’t beat Avengers‘ all-time $207.4M collected from 2D, Digital 3D, RealD, and IMAX 3D theaters.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/dark-kn ... -avengers/
Well at least I'm glad it's doing better than great, but damn it would've been nice to have a fair Box Office numbers.
And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig