TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
SilverHeart wrote:If it somehow got a 200 million OW my head would probably explode.

Hell, a 200 mil OW for this might kill the stupid 3D craze. It'd probably start an IMAX conversion craze, but at least that'd be slightly better.
This is Chris Nolan. This is Batman, and IMAX, and nothing Joss Whedon was ever trained for.

SilverHeart wrote:Graffiti?
Vandalism. I've seen Bat-symbols around Las Vegas.

Maybe WB will put more "chalk bat" stickers up?

And don't underestimate this film. It's huge. Absolutely huge.

3D won't matter. Cinemas will be busy opening weekend.

Like "stay-open-24-hours" busy.

No one wants the ending spoiled.

I'm so glad Nolan told WB to shove off as far as 3D was concerned. Not only is it just a way to get more money, it would just darken the screen to the point where nothing would be visible. I mean, can you imagine that scene of Batman walking into the flare's light if the lighting were turned down even more?

SilverHeart wrote:I'm so glad Nolan told WB to shove off as far as 3D was concerned. Not only is it just a way to get more money, it would just darken the screen to the point where nothing would be visible. I mean, can you imagine that scene of Batman walking into the flare's light if the lighting were turned down even more?
Yeah. And I like stereoscopic technology, but it doesn't match the aesthetic of this film. You're totally right, the image would be dark + polarized.

SilverHeart wrote:If it somehow got a 200 million OW my head would probably explode.

Hell, a 200 mil OW for this might kill the stupid 3D craze. It'd probably start an IMAX conversion craze, but at least that'd be slightly better.
Youll need to topple Avatar to "kill the stupid 3d craze".

SilverHeart wrote:I'm so glad Nolan told WB to shove off as far as 3D was concerned. Not only is it just a way to get more money, it would just darken the screen to the point where nothing would be visible. I mean, can you imagine that scene of Batman walking into the flare's light if the lighting were turned down even more?
Right. If IMAX 3-D was the only way to watch this movie in IMAX, I would burn the theater down. :evil: :JGLface:

Is TDKR being released in China? Or are they not screening it there like TDK?

SilverHeart wrote:Is TDKR being released in China? Or are they not screening it there like TDK?
It will be shown in China. Big B.O. booster right there.

I've been looking around, and I can't find any info on whether or not it'll screen there. IMDB doesn't have a listing for a China release date (though they do have Hong Kong), so it looks like it might not be released there.

Ok, OW box-Office is anyones guess, but at this point it looks like people saved up for seeing the Avengers, and TDKR this summer. MIBIII under-performed big time at the boxoffice and so did every other movie besides the Avengers, heck a movie in its 4th weekend was only 18 million back of (supposedly one of the big 5 of the summer). To be honest, All movies, besides Avengers, Prometheus, Brave, TASM and TDKR might as well just put their movies out in the fall (Take a clue as to what GI JOE did, get the heck out of this summer cuz aint gonna make crap with these movies around!). i could see anywhere from 170-210 OW for TDKR. It depends on a ton of stuff. WOM, Critical success, marketing the last week or so, Repeat viewings and people on TV talking about it. This all helped The Avengers, Harry Potter and of course TDK. I have no idea what it makes OW, but Boxoffice.com projects it for 186 million OW. Anything higher would be unreal.

All I know there are two things I am looking forward to most in the coming 53 days, the first review and the score! we are close!!! oh so close!!