TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Skyab23 wrote:and hasn't been enthused by the trailers. Not one clap for the trailer when I went to the theatre this weekend
People generally don't clap for trailers, period. Doesn't mean people aren't "enthused" by the trailers. You think people were clapping for The Avengers trailers?

First weekend - small chances for TDKR, but in the long run... Definitely. :batman:

sanford wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:didn't predict Avengers would make $200 million, but did say that it would likely beat TDKR's opening weekend because it appeals to a broader range of viewers. Think of all the children and parents that went to see Avengers. That audience isn't there for TDKR....6-10 year olds aren't going to be begging mom to go see TDKR as compared to the Avengers.

I figure TDKR MIGHT can get to $180 million, and of course I am rooting for it to beat Avengers. But let's be realistic here and acknowledge that most of the general audience doesn't know who Bane is, and hasn't been enthused by the trailers. Not one clap for the trailer when I went to the theatre this weekend.

I mostly agree with everything here.
Me too!
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

But you also have to think, most people didn't know who Loki was before Avengers came out. I know I didn't. I didn't even know he was the villain until I saw it on a whim late Friday night. So I don't know if the Bane argument would count necessarily.

Re-posted for history:
TDKR will beat The Avengers in the long run, period. :batman:

I can't help but be a little happy for Joss Whedon and I hope the success of The Avengers gives him support from the studio to take on more risky projects.

The studio was smart in hiring him for Avengers because in my opinion he did this. Adding the HUGE Whedon fanbase onto the already gigantic comic fanbase plus general movie goers is partly responsible for it's success. I saw Avengers opening weekend myself just because of Joss Whedon. Otherwise I would have seen it eventually but not opening weekend. Not to mention, while I don't think it was great, it was pretty good. Add in 3D prices and there is your 200 million opening weekend.

But I think TDKR can break 200 Million. And I expect every member of this forum to be there opening weekend if not midnight release. Unless you have a very good excuse for not seeing TDKR opening weekend leave these forums :judge:

But I think TDKR can break 200 Million. And I expect every member of this forum to be there opening weekend if not midnight release. Unless you have a very good excuse for not seeing TDKR opening weekend leave these forums :judge:
I have an excuse: It wouldn't open until july 26th in my country :(
F***k

I don't see how the Marvel fans at SHH and Chud forums are celebrating excessively. Not only is it premature... look at the factors surrounding this.

Marvel had a GREAT idea to lead these films up to this team up.

Iron Man+The Incredible Hulk+Iron Man 2+Thor+Captain America: TFA = The Avengers

Batman Begins+The Dark Knight = TDKR

4 leads vs 1

... but then again isn't that what Marvel fans always do? Gang up on DC properties as its own?

Can't wait to see what TDKR opening weekend is so they could all eat it. :-D

I'm just officially looking forward to actually enjoying myself opening weekend. I know I'm going to have an absolutely amazing time at the movies that weekend. I think if I start to worry about the box-office, I'm going to throw myself into depression.

TeddyBlass wrote:I'm just officially looking forward to actually enjoying myself opening weekend. I know I'm going to have an absolutely amazing time at the movies that weekend. I think if I start to worry about the box-office, I'm going to throw myself into depression.
Same feelings.