TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
In the end TDKR will be the better movie. And in 20 years TDKR will be remembered. The Avengers will not.

I'm gonna say that TDKR still has a chance at a 200 mill weekend.

CaliKid329 wrote:Shit just got real!

Avengers $200.3 million opening weekend.
That's just sitting the bar high.

I still stick by my $206 million opening for TDKR.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:
CaliKid329 wrote:Shit just got real!

Avengers $200.3 million opening weekend.
That's just sitting the bar high.

I still stick by my $206 million opening for TDKR.

I would absolutely love you if you're right.

anonymity wrote:In the end TDKR will be the better movie. And in 20 years TDKR will be remembered. The Avengers will not.
This is the only that I need. In a year by now nobody will remember what happened in that movie.

07202012 wrote:I'm gonna say that TDKR still has a chance at a 200 mill weekend.
I'm going to optimistically agree, just because by the time July 20th rolls around buzz and anticipation will be at such a fever pitch that you'll have to see TDKR because it will become a worldwide pop culture event. I've seen SO many tweets from people saying that Trailer 3 got a huge round of applause in theaters this weekend. How often does that happen for a trailer? (NOT at a fanboy-saturated midnight showing) Pretty much never.

My problem is, and surely it's been discussed before, is it's kinda bullshit because 3D ticket prices are twice as much as a regular ticket. Obviously that's going to easily boost BO performance, on top of actually selling a lot of tickets.

I'm really sad right now. I know all will change in a couple of days and when the moment comes TDKR will performe much better because (I know in my heart and my guts) is a better movie. Today the entire film comunity is in mourning because this Sh**t made that amount of money. :(

Sorry, I needed to express myself about my feelings. Thank you.

didn't predict Avengers would make $200 million, but did say that it would likely beat TDKR's opening weekend because it appeals to a broader range of viewers. Think of all the children and parents that went to see Avengers. That audience isn't there for TDKR....6-10 year olds aren't going to be begging mom to go see TDKR as compared to the Avengers.

I figure TDKR MIGHT can get to $180 million, and of course I am rooting for it to beat Avengers. But let's be realistic here and acknowledge that most of the general audience doesn't know who Bane is, and hasn't been enthused by the trailers. Not one clap for the trailer when I went to the theatre this weekend.

I'm a giant Batman fanboy, always have been, always will be. In fact I've got a version of the Batman symbol tattooed to my arm.

But, I saw The Avengers this weekend. It was well made, and fun. Good summer popcorn flick. But let's be realistic people. There's no way in hell The Dark Knight Rises will beat that opening, unless the entire cast and crew dies or something. It will definitely be a better film, there's no doubt about that, but there's no way it can beat $200 million. It has too much going against it, most notably a lack of Ledger. It'll open huge, but not $200 million huge.

Skyab23 wrote:didn't predict Avengers would make $200 million, but did say that it would likely beat TDKR's opening weekend because it appeals to a broader range of viewers. Think of all the children and parents that went to see Avengers. That audience isn't there for TDKR....6-10 year olds aren't going to be begging mom to go see TDKR as compared to the Avengers.

I figure TDKR MIGHT can get to $180 million, and of course I am rooting for it to beat Avengers. But let's be realistic here and acknowledge that most of the general audience doesn't know who Bane is, and hasn't been enthused by the trailers. Not one clap for the trailer when I went to the theatre this weekend.

I mostly agree with everything here.