Two Face's story in The Dark Knight feels incomplete & shoul

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
wikoogle wrote:Are you really arguing that being jealous of an ex, or threating someone, or rooting for Batman, is evidence that a person is insane?

No, not having a moral core means being willing to killing people randomly, arbitrarily, even children. That's not the kind of transition that someone jumps to just because a loved one dies. It's the kind of transition that a person makes only if they had a mental illness that predated the trauma.
Except that Harvey's "moral code" is an act as evidenced by the examples in the film. "Moral code' is an abstraction anyway. And you apparently missed the Joker's point about the illusion of code. Now please, stop with this silliness.

wikoogle wrote:Are you really arguing that being jealous of an ex, or threating someone, or rooting for Batman, is evidence that a person is insane?

No, not having a moral core means being willing to killing people randomly, arbitrarily, even children. That's not the kind of transition that someone jumps to just because a loved one dies. It's the kind of transition that a person makes only if they had a mental illness that predated the trauma.
See my post above.

Jealousy of an ex is not strong evidence, not evidence at all really, shouldn't have used that one. Eternalist brings up better points.
A politician putting a gun to someone's head and threatening to shoot is considered unbalanced in my book. Cause well, you know, HE COULD HAVE TURNED HIM INTO THE POLICE FOR INTERROGATION.
Rooting for Batman? When did I say that?

He shows signs of not having a stable moral core prior to Rachel's death. We don't need a whole two hour movie dedicated to Harvey when all he is is a foil character to Bruce/Batman. Not a major villain.

And again...what Eternalist said.

"And according to your own criteria Harvey does show psychosis as demonstrated by the examples placed in the movie."

None of Harvey Dent's actions, not a single one prior to his Two Face transition, show evidence of psychosis.

Please learn more about psychology before making statements like that.

We should get Youtube tags on here, I wonder if that's possible?

wikoogle wrote:"And according to your own criteria Harvey does show psychosis as demonstrated by the examples placed in the movie."

None of Harvey Dent's actions, not a single one prior to his Two Face transition, show evidence of psychosis.

Please learn more about psychology before making statements like that.
Are you going to just continue nitpicking to hide the fact that you're arguments are poor and logically flawed? Because you've failed to address any of my arguments to prove you're right and I'm wrong. Perhaps you should learn to question the faulty determinist psychology you've been taught. Besides, none of the characters are based in a singular psychosis but blend different neuroses in a fictional manner so all of this doesn't even matter.

well... if you think about it... there is a SLIGHT mention of something that could be alusive to HD's phsycological problems. I mean, there's got to be a reason why he was called "two-face" behind his back, it fits his bipolar blackground (it's from the comics too, i know, but there IS an alusion to it on TDK after all)

Give me a D. Give me an E. Give me an A. Give me a D. What does that spell? DEAD

Get over it, he broke his neck.

Bob
Plus, not that only Rachel died, he burned haf of his head. Don't you think that things like that could make an affect on brain and man's behaviour? And not only that he doesn't look that good but he refused to take pills against pain.

So, you have scene where he yells YOU CAN'T GIVE IN and threats to shoot a guy (he yelled again I WOULDN'T which again showed his temper). Even Batman said that if anyone saw that, everything would be undone.

I'm not a psychologist, but bad temper, dead girl, heard burned to the bone and no pills makes one believable vigillante in a comic bokk adaptation with realistic approach. The fact he wanted to kill Gordon's son wasn't randomly; he cosindered Gordon to be the most guilty and he wanted for him to suffer the same way he did and that is loosing a person he loves most. And when you look at, Gordon's really was the one to blame. Dent warned him about Ramirez and other cops. If Gordon listened to him, Rachel would still be alive.

Abbadon wrote:well... if you think about it... there is a SLIGHT mention of something that could be alusive to HD's phsycological problems. I mean, there's got to be a reason why he was called "two-face" behind his back, it fits his bipolar blackground (it's from the comics too, i know, but there IS an alusion to it on TDK after all)
He's a politician/lawyer, why do you think they call him two face?