Two Face's story in The Dark Knight feels incomplete & shoul

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
CrazyEight wrote:
Abbadon wrote:well... if you think about it... there is a SLIGHT mention of something that could be alusive to HD's phsycological problems. I mean, there's got to be a reason why he was called "two-face" behind his back, it fits his bipolar blackground (it's from the comics too, i know, but there IS an alusion to it on TDK after all)
He's a politician/lawyer, why do you think they call him two face?
yeh, you're right but it has to do with his bipolar thing too, not that it is implied in the movie

Was I the only one that saw the scene with Dent interrogating Thomas Schiff?

George wrote:Was I the only one that saw the scene with Dent interrogating Thomas Schiff?
That scene doesn't show Dent being psychotic at all. He wasn't going to kill him (hence the trick coin) he was just trying to find answers. If the person you love the most was kidnapped by the most dangerous person in the city, would what Dent did really be psychotic? If you push someone enough they will react in a not so friendly way. At most he has a little anger issues.

George wrote:Was I the only one that saw the scene with Dent interrogating Thomas Schiff?
It shows hints of him unhinging. But it is more of a demonstration of his waning belief in his system. As a district attorney who's expected to uphold the law his behaviour is inexcusable and shows that he doesn't trust the system he's heading.

If he just started randomly killing people then I would say there was something wrong. But considering he went after the people he felt to be responsible for Rachel's death, I don't have an issue with it.

I feel like the OPs main problem is that he can't separate Comic book Two Face from Nolan Two Face. In the Dark Knight Harvey Dent is Gotham. He is what Gotham can be if it stands up to corruption. He is a the ideal Gotham and his fall is representative of how easily Gotham could fall right back to its old ways. It doesn't have to be the most realistic descent into sin and it doesn't have to follow the exact standard set by the comic books.

The story of Harvey and his fall as Two Face was absolutely moving to me. I do not bend on that opinion in the slightest. It was done beautifully and I accept it as is. Two Face was not a villain in TDK but the result of things gone wrong. The fall of Harvey Dent was a domino effect. And if you watch that film with this in mind you will see the events playing out that way. I also feel people show disrespect and misunderstanding for the character not appreciating the man Harvey Dent who is that character. And who was a tremendous part in that film. I don't feel is demise was rushed at all, it was tragic and hard to accept. To quote Alan Moore's comic The Killing Joke, "It only takes one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy" and as the joker said about madness in TDK, "all it takes is a little push." :)

You don't have to be bi-polar to be pushed over the edge into doing some pretty crazy things. We are all capable of things we don't know until we are pushed.

I never felt HD's story to be incomplete.
But I would like to see more of Two-Face in Batman 3.
gib sigs

I never felt HD's story to be incomplete.
But I would like to see more of Two-Face in Batman 3.
I, on the other hand, would start crying...Original script guys, ORIGINAL SCRIPT, it says: ''his f-ing neck was cracked, he is dead'' It's not your regular DC comic book run (yeah, I'm talking recent ''events''), it's Nolan's movie-reality world. End of story, for Harvey that is.

Also, I would like to see one of you after your soon-to-be-fiancee gets blown to pieces, and your face half burned, everything you BELIEVE in simply..gone. Dent's story is even better than i expected, cause we all though he'll be the main baddie in third one. Well, guess what, Nolan only makes one movie at a time. Live with it.

IT'S A MOVIE.