Four Reasons Why Two Face Should Make a Return in Batman 3

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
The ONLY way he would be used again is through flashbacks.

BTW, has the "infamous" Jim Gordon dialogue from TDK been discussed on theses boards yet?...

Two-Face should not come back,it will not be taken serious i think,because Batman is on the run now and thats not for nothin :|
Simple as that :wave:

the whole point of the dark knight would be sensless, if two face would return..

wikoogle wrote:Mods, please delete this topic, as I guess my OP missed my main point and I wish to have a topic where I clarify it.

You can provide as much evidence as you want mate, they still won't listen to reason. I find it funny some mention the script element (which is evidence I provided for their side of the argument) and they don't post how I proved it offers nothing in evidence.
I also beleive a ceratin someone said it was ambigious as well ;)
"TDK seemed to suggest that Harvey Dent/Two-Face was dead, although producer Emma Thomas told IGN after an early press screening that Dent's last scene was ambiguous enough to suggest that perhaps he was still alive."
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/892/892656p1.html

To save myself repeating myself of other evidence stating that it's ambigious.

http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 2&start=40

You simply provide evidence for why he might not be dead, which means that you are basing these arguments of the idea that he is likely dead. I will thus do the same.

In the film Dent's fall seemed to be much higher than Maroni's and it appears that Dent did not land on his feet. In fact in the script he was said to have broken his neck which could easily be done from that height and would likely kill him.

To combat your Emma Thomas quote here are some instances where Eckhart describes his conversations with Chris on the subject

"I asked Chris [Nolan, the director] if there was a chance of coming back. 'No way,' he said. 'He's toast.'"

"No. I'm dead. I couldn't even get the words out of my mouth. 'Hey, Chris, am I--?' 'No. You're dead. You're dead.'"

And both of these quotes came after his rather ambiguous quotes right after the release when he didn't seem to know the truth. I guess something changed his mind, maybe it was the talk with Nolan.

That is my evidence for why Two Face was originally intended to die. Now onto the topic of whether they might bring him back since the Ledger died and they need a villain. Bringing a character back to life after establishing their death (i.e. claiming his death and showing his funeral) is lazy writing and one thing I know about Nolan is that he is not a lazy writer.

Also bringing Dent back to life and having him be the villain would completely defeat the purpose of The Dark Knight. It would mean that the Joker won, the city would lose faith, and Batman would never become the Dark Knight. Eliminating Dent's death would make it as if The Dark Knight never happened; that the city was still just as bad as in Batman Begins and that Batman was still at least somewhat seen as a hero.

We also don't want the next Batman movie to begin with the classic "Oh just kidding, he's not dead." That would put this film in the same vein as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the OOze. That's not the kind of comparison I want the next film to have.

theweatherman wrote:You simply provide evidence for why he might not be dead, which means that you are basing these arguments of the idea that he is likely dead. I will thus do the same.

In the film Dent's fall seemed to be much higher than Maroni's and it appears that Dent did not land on his feet. In fact in the script he was said to have broken his neck which could easily be done from that height and would likely kill him.

To combat your Emma Thomas quote here are some instances where Eckhart describes his conversations with Chris on the subject

"I asked Chris [Nolan, the director] if there was a chance of coming back. 'No way,' he said. 'He's toast.'"

"No. I'm dead. I couldn't even get the words out of my mouth. 'Hey, Chris, am I--?' 'No. You're dead. You're dead.'"

And both of these quotes came after his rather ambiguous quotes right after the release when he didn't seem to know the truth. I guess something changed his mind, maybe it was the talk with Nolan.

That is my evidence for why Two Face was originally intended to die. Now onto the topic of whether they might bring him back since the Ledger died and they need a villain. Bringing a character back to life after establishing their death (i.e. claiming his death and showing his funeral) is lazy writing and one thing I know about Nolan is that he is not a lazy writer.

Also bringing Dent back to life and having him be the villain would completely defeat the purpose of The Dark Knight. It would mean that the Joker won, the city would lose faith, and Batman would never become the Dark Knight. Eliminating Dent's death would make it as if The Dark Knight never happened; that the city was still just as bad as in Batman Begins and that Batman was still at least somewhat seen as a hero.

We also don't want the next Batman movie to begin with the classic "Oh just kidding, he's not dead." That would put this film in the same vein as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the OOze. That's not the kind of comparison I want the next film to have.
If you read my view topic you will see that I showed that the quotes from the staff is invalid and you mention that the film is based in reality with Dent's fall etc etc, but you don't see how he lands like Maroni's fall.
I also found it ammusing at the end with Batman going up that building fighting all those SWAT officers and having enough energy to fight the Joker.
At the end of the day I think of it like a court of law in my head, look at all the evidence and make a fair neutral judgement.
I don't care if he's dead/alive/zombie I'm just fed up of people saying "he's dead and people who think he's alive are stupid" this is suppose to be a forum and we disagree and have different views but most of all respect their view.
I don't say he could be alive because I "love" the charachter Havey Dent. I accepted The Joker died in Batman and Two-Face in Forever, Penguin in Returns etc etc.
I think The Dark Knight is really overhyped and I find it silly that people compare it to the Godfather/The Departed etc.
It's a superhero film to me. I found The Dark Knight badly written tbh (Still think Nolan is fantastic writer), the action scenes got repetitve and we didn't need to see what was going on in the boat.
I wouldn't mind if he was in the third film myself, all of which is just my view all I ask is for it to be respected like I respect others views on here, like people who say it's the best film ever etc

"Also bringing Dent back to life and having him be the villain would completely defeat the purpose of The Dark Knight. It would mean that the Joker won, the city would lose faith, and Batman would never become the Dark Knight. Eliminating Dent's death would make it as if The Dark Knight never happened; that the city was still just as bad as in Batman Begins and that Batman was still at least somewhat seen as a hero."

I don't know how the city would lose faith tbh, if anything they would admire Batman for willing to be a hated figure for the benefit of Gotham and they are gonna find out if he's gonna get somekind of "redemption" that some have mentioned on this forum.
I think both situations have their own merits (which I'm sure you will isagree with me) but I think this whole "he's dead, Nolan quote, its in the script, full stop" is just silly and I have shown fair and square that it's not solid evidence.
At the end of the day I judge a film by watching the film, not on infomation outside of the film. I don't understand why people don't treat the Dent thing like the Deckard thing in Blade Runner.

Harvey is dead. It's in the script. Bad choice for third one bro.

Nolan said he is dead and he's God (Batman film-wise), so stop dreaming.
I can tell you 10 reasons why the Joker should and have to return for the third film though!