Will Bale contain that ridiculous rough voice?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Hustler wrote:Why can't people get over the Bat-voice? It's a perfectly logical decision and I'm one of the few people that defend it. Batman would need to disguise his voice, while also sounding intimidating to his enemies. This isn't a Superman movie where he takes his glasses off and suddenly no one recognizes him. As for the topic's title, isn't a lot of the voice greatly exaggerated in post production? In other words, it's not all Bale's doing as far as I know.
I completely agree. Those who laugh at the voice would be shitting their pants if they heard that in the dark. Its intelligible and masks his voice. Its not suppose to be glamorous but practical
"When art imitates life"

Oblong_Box wrote:I hope Nolan took a hint.
I hope he didn't just to screw with people like you.

I defend Bale's voice in The Dark Knight because it's practical for a disguise and to place fear in his opponents. However, Bane's voice is a totally different story. The audience who paid $10 a ticket to watch a film wants to be able to understand what the actors are saying, and according to the prologue reaction, the VAST majority could not decipher what he was saying. Now, I understand trying to be realistic because he's wearing a mask, but you also must be a pragmatist and adjust something when 75% or more of people couldn't understand the dialogue of a character.

Skyab23 wrote:I defend Bale's voice in The Dark Knight because it's practical for a disguise and to place fear in his opponents. However, Bane's voice is a totally different story. The audience who paid $10 a ticket to watch a film wants to be able to understand what the actors are saying, and according to the prologue reaction, the VAST majority could not decipher what he was saying. Now, I understand trying to be realistic because he's wearing a mask, but you also must be a pragmatist and adjust something when 75% or more of people couldn't understand the dialogue of a character.
The problem is people expect to be spoon fed everything. If you honestly tried to understand him, it wasn't difficult at all. You get used to it. When i first saw Inception, I found it hard to understand Ken Wantanabe, but after a few minutes I got used to it and had no problems. His voice isn't going to be an issue.

indiefilmconnor wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:I defend Bale's voice in The Dark Knight because it's practical for a disguise and to place fear in his opponents. However, Bane's voice is a totally different story. The audience who paid $10 a ticket to watch a film wants to be able to understand what the actors are saying, and according to the prologue reaction, the VAST majority could not decipher what he was saying. Now, I understand trying to be realistic because he's wearing a mask, but you also must be a pragmatist and adjust something when 75% or more of people couldn't understand the dialogue of a character.
The problem is people expect to be spoon fed everything. If you honestly tried to understand him, it wasn't difficult at all. You get used to it. When i first saw Inception, I found it hard to understand Ken Wantanabe, but after a few minutes I got used to it and had no problems. His voice isn't going to be an issue.
I never had any problem understanding Bales voice first seeing TDK, well not any more than the few lines in every movie that I don't catch the first few times. The only part of the whole thing I really thing is that bad is "THIS CITY JUST SHOWED YOU ITS FULL OF PEOPLE READY TO BELIEVE IN GOOD!!" To me that was the worst part of it. Other than that, it could have had better editing but whatever. Still not that bad.

And yeah Ken Watanabe is WAYY worse... to this day I have NO FU***** IDEA what he said on the carpet in the begining of Incepton. Don't even have clue

ComptonTerry wrote:
indiefilmconnor wrote:
I never had any problem understanding Bales voice first seeing TDK, well not any more than the few lines in every movie that I don't catch the first few times. The only part of the whole thing I really thing is that bad is "THIS CITY JUST SHOWED YOU ITS FULL OF PEOPLE READY TO BELIEVE IN GOOD!!" To me that was the worst part of it. Other than that, it could have had better editing but whatever. Still not that bad.

And yeah Ken Watanabe is WAYY worse... to this day I have NO FU***** IDEA what he said on the carpet in the begining of Incepton. Don't even have clue
He clearly said that line full of pain after his previous encounter with The Joker. If was Bale's choice to say it like that, catching his breath. I'd like to see you talking with your ribs cut open, with every muscle and every bone aching (you DID encounter few SWATs along the way). :batman:

m4st4 wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:

He clearly said that line full of pain after his previous encounter with The Joker. If was Bale's choice to say it like that, catching his breath. I'd like to see you talking with your ribs cut open, with every muscle and every bone aching (you DID encounter few SWATs along the way). :batman:
Chill out. I gave more credit to Bales Bat voice in TDK than most people ever come close too...

indiefilmconnor wrote:
"People expect to be spoon fed everything."

That's why we have Nolan's love for exposition. ;)

Oblong_Box wrote:
indiefilmconnor wrote:

Even with all that exposition loads and loads and loads of moviegoers claimed inception being to hard to follow and confusing.There is no studio in the world who would give a 175 million dollar budget to a crazy exposition free version of inception.
CASE CLOSED MOTHERFUCKER.

Mr. Caine wrote:
Oblong_Box wrote:

Even with all that exposition loads and loads and loads of moviegoers claimed inception being to hard to follow and confusing.There is no studio in the world who would give a 175 million dollar budget to a crazy exposition free version of inception.
CASE CLOSED MOTHERFUCKER.
What you're saying is...

1. Nolan sold-out to studio interest

2. That it was the studio's choice to keep exposition

Both are incorrect, as it is quite known that Nolan has used exposition to quite an extent in his previous films. It is simply a flaw in his writing ability.