[SPOILERS] Who dies in TDKR?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
BlairCo wrote:
LemonBachan wrote:Bruce, Bane, Blake, Fox, and Tate (Talia) will all die.

I think Matthew Modine's character will live. And I think there is a lot more to his character than people think. The Nolan's--unlike most filmmakers and writers today--make movies like they're writing poetry. Every word you hear in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight will clue you in to where things will lead in Rises. And what Batman says on the plane to Alfred in Begins on his way back to Gotham is vital and poignant and extremely telling: he basically says that a man is flesh and blood and can be destroyed, but a symbol...a symbol can go beyond that, live forever, be incorruptible, and inspire people to do the right thing. Even in The Dark Knight, Bruce brings this up. I think that in Rises, Bruce has to die in order to fulfill that legacy; as a man he has to be destroyed in order for us to see if what he says will come true: will people be inspired by the symbol Batman stood for? I think this will be the main theme of The Dark Knight Rises. And I think Modine's character will play the role of the optimist: seeing what Batman stood for and communicating that to Gotham. Even in the trailer, you get a sense Modine is the embodiment of optimism. There's even video footage of filming where you see all hell broken loose and Modine, wielding a rifle, saves an injured lady cop, putting his own life on the line to do so.
Just a little tumble. Won't kill him.

It's not just Modine who will represent Batman's legend. I think we'll see a myriad of characters rising up to help him or defend Gotham in his absence.

Selina represents the streets. Blake represents the cops. Modine/Nixon will represent the ruling class/politicians. Hell, even Juno Temple (whether Gordon's daughter or Selina's friend) will represent the youth.

We're going to see every demographic of Gotham standing up and fighting alongside Batman in a united effort against terrorism. The same way that Gotham showed Joker that they were willing to be level-headed in extreme circumstances, we're going to see Gotham put their lives on the line for eachother.

BlairCo wrote:
juliansplat4 wrote:Is this a pattern? The main villain dies in BB, but the secondary lives. In TDK, the main villain lives, but the secondary dies. So, I'm guess that Bane will die, but Selina will not. I think Lucius and Alfred are probably the most expendable. Maybe Bane is trying to pick off every one of Bruce's ties to his previous life, so that he can fall even more?
Or maybe Bane kills just everyone and then himself.
i can see that. Maybe he thinks of himself as a messiah. Jesus, Joan of Arc, they all sacrificed themselves for their cause. Maybe he will follow in their footsteps?

juliansplat4 wrote:Is this a pattern? The main villain dies in BB, but the secondary lives. In TDK, the main villain lives, but the secondary dies. So, I'm guess that Bane will die, but Selina will not. I think Lucius and Alfred are probably the most expendable. Maybe Bane is trying to pick off every one of Bruce's ties to his previous life, so that he can fall even more?
What if both the main and secondary villain die now :shock: ? It then depends on who they mean to be a villain. we all assume that catwoman is villainous but from what i've seen her motivations seem to stem from a deep resentment against a social class that keeps social and economic inequality alive, and so she seems to be a somewhat noble character, whereas we don't know too much about Miranda tate. Shouldn't both villains die this time?

When Gotham is Ashes...

Gotham will die

mchekhov wrote:When talli is Ashes...

mchekhov will die

I think Bane, Talia and Fox.

Greg-BTD wrote:I think Bane, Talia and Fox.
Lucius will live.
"When art imitates life"

the NO MOAR DEAD COPZ guy

Everyone.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."