Nolan screens TDKR rough cut to WB bosses

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
MiracleSleeper wrote:
Monicabbm wrote:<i>Maria Paola Chironi ‏ @disaxster
@PaulJFranklin How did the screening go? Can you say anything without getting in trouble? Maybe 1 word only?

Paul Franklin ‏ @PaulJFranklin
@disaxster great!</i>

https://twitter.com/#!/pauljfranklin
Yeah over at the SHH forum they're freaking out that it was only "great!" They expected much more lol.

Maybe people are caught up in the fact that they think he's referring to the film's quality as opposed how the actual screening went.
Do you... like pineapple?

Caekzor wrote:WTF only "great"?

:suicide:
I know! This is pretty much the final nail in TDKR's coffin.

steveportee wrote:

:lol:

steveportee wrote:

:lol: StevePortee rises.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

jibran wrote:
MiracleSleeper wrote: Yeah over at the SHH forum they're freaking out that it was only "great!" They expected much more lol.

Maybe people are caught up in the fact that they think he's referring to the film's quality as opposed how the actual screening went.
It was really just one moron overreacting and making a stink on the forum.

I took it Paul Franklin (who happens to be the VFX guy for BB, TDK, Inception, and TDKR) was answering that overall the screening went great... which is great. :-D

People are jumping unfairly on that guy. If the film ends up being clearly not as good as TDK (say, closer to Batman Begins in quality), it will seem a prescient deduction. One I wouldn't make, but certainly understandable.

Tourmie wrote:People are jumping unfairly on that guy. If the film ends up being clearly not as good as TDK (say, closer to Batman Begins in quality), it will seem a prescient deduction. One I wouldn't make, but certainly understandable.
If the film's quality is less than TDK, there will be riots. This film either has to be on par with TDK or better to keep the fans (and trolls) at peace.

Monicabbm wrote:Maria Paola Chironi ‏ @disaxster
@PaulJFranklin How did the screening go? Can you say anything without getting in trouble? Maybe 1 word only?

Paul Franklin ‏ @PaulJFranklin
@disaxster great!

https://twitter.com/#!/pauljfranklin
Fucking nice! Only 4 months to go fellas.

MiracleSleeper wrote:
Tourmie wrote:People are jumping unfairly on that guy. If the film ends up being clearly not as good as TDK (say, closer to Batman Begins in quality), it will seem a prescient deduction. One I wouldn't make, but certainly understandable.
If the film's quality is less than TDK, there will be riots. This film either has to be on par with TDK or better to keep the fans (and trolls) at peace.
:lol:

MiracleSleeper wrote:
It doesn't really need to beat it from my own perspective, it just has to be a damn good film. If it is, and if I think The Dark Knight is better, I won't complain.