Nolan screens TDKR rough cut to WB bosses

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Skyab23 wrote:And I'm looking at this strictly from a strategic standpoint from WB's perspective, but wouldn't they be a little concerned with such a long run time, because let's be honest, all they're worried about is maximizing their profit from this film. If a movie is 3+ hours long, it's likely not going to garner as many repeat viewers, although the one exception to this rule are the LOTR films.
I think TDKR will have a lot of action sequences which will certainly get repeat viewers. If the film ends up being littered with dialogue, then there should be concern. But I don't think that's the case.

Forum Pro
Law
Fran wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:And I'm looking at this strictly from a strategic standpoint from WB's perspective, but wouldn't they be a little concerned with such a long run time, because let's be honest, all they're worried about is maximizing their profit from this film. If a movie is 3+ hours long, it's likely not going to garner as many repeat viewers, although the one exception to this rule are the LOTR films.
I think TDKR will have a lot of action sequences which will certainly get repeat viewers. If the film ends up being littered with dialogue, then there should be concern. But I don't think that's the case.
If you have seen any of the filming, you know it isn't the latter.

TDKR. 4 Hours. :shock:
:tooexcited:

My only concern is what if I have to go to the bathroom.

Presumably = guessing. :problem:

It'll probably be 8-10 minutes longer than TDK.

Skyab23 wrote:http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168141 ... -con.jhtml

Third paragraph down in this article, it claims that the rough cut was 4 hours in length? Tell me this guy is using hyperbole or something, because this is the first I'm hearing of this. :think:
He's just speculating.
MTV wrote:Yup, it's been three months since we've seen any new footage from the most anticipated movie of 2012, and we've felt every Batman-less minute of it. You go three months with nothing more than a squeak from the new Nolan Batman movie, and you start to think some paranoid thoughts. Is the movie ever coming out? Is the movie even real? But worry not, borderline psychotic Gothamite: "The Dark Knight Rises" is real and finished, presumably in the form of a four-hour rough cut. There's no official word on the reaction to the screening, as of yet.

Still, it is pretty reassuring to know that the movie is in fact real. :batface:

Forum Pro
Law
It'll push 165min, probably land at 160

Baconboy wrote:TDKR. 4 Hours. :shock:
:tooexcited:

My only concern is what if I have to go to the bathroom.

This is now a concern. I left halfway through Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I don't want to leave in the middle of this.
Do you... like pineapple?

i'm a little concerned

the studio will obviously force Nolan to cut down the time, and this will inevitably result in trimming of emotional/character development scenes, making the pace too fast for the character and emotional notes to properly reverberate within the viewer...this was an issue with TDK and Inception

mchekhov wrote:i'm a little concerned

the studio will obviously force Nolan to cut down the time, and this will inevitably result in trimming of emotional/character development scenes, making the pace too fast for the character and emotional notes to properly reverberate within the viewer...this was an issue with TDK and Inception
Was it really? How much were they forced to cut for each film. I found Inception's pacing to be fine, TDK was a little fast but the breakneck pace was kind of necessary, lots of momentum.
Do you... like pineapple?