TDKR General Information

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
neb4ever wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote:World network premiere of this is on TNT today for those interested.
That is not good...
Why?

Did Baneposting kill the reputation for this film?

ChristNolan wrote:Did Baneposting kill the reputation for this film?
Don't know about average viewers but this film (along with Interstellar and Inception, to a lesser degree) has become a joke on 4chan and Reddit.

Pratham wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Did Baneposting kill the reputation for this film?
Don't know about average viewers but this film (along with Interstellar and Inception, to a lesser degree) has become a joke on 4chan and Reddit.
:(

The comic book purists will always eat this film alive, even though there's probably more references to the source material in this film than any other Batman movie.

As excited as i am to see the Batfleck portion of the DCCU, and as much as i love Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns, that version of Bruce Wayne was more of a one-off who comic writers try to bring back once in a while. The older douchebag, asshole Batman who treats everyone like shit. A hard-ass who takes no prisoners. Right-wing, doesn't believe Gotham will ever be okay and is now doing this just to punish criminals. Not that it's confirmed that we'll get this version with Snyder/Affleck but i really wouldn't doubt it. Maybe that's how he starts until his character softens up after his experiences with the Justice League, but my point is this: I wouldn't mind seeing that here for the sake of seeing something fresh, but i'll still take TDKRises over Batfleck if that's where they're going with it...

Sure Batfleck will be great to look at (dat suit!) and i hope it does well. But Reddit and other forums can hate on Nolan's final film all they want, it still had Bruce's comic book soul inside of it more than Burton's and probably more than Snyder's. Batman isn't just about being the cool Chuck Norris in a suit. You know, the Bat-God who is invincible, knows everything, can build everything himself, no matter his age or how human he is. Bruce in the most classic comics is a man who cares deeply about Gotham's present and future. He may have some psychotic tendencies but he's a hero not a psychopath like Miller's Batman. He isn't some right-wing extremist type who just uses little kids including females to help him in the shadows (Carrie Kelly). At least we can say Nolan's wasn't.

As popular (and awesome) as TDKReturns is, the characterization of the Bat himself is actually quite unpopular among fans. Recent years they try to bring that Bat-Douche back, and perhaps that's what we need for a Justice League. Im down for it. But if Affleck's version ends up being like him, people shouldn't shit on TDK Trilogy and embrace everything about the new shiny version just because it's cool and badass. It certainly shouldn't define Batman. Nolan's shouldn't either but it's a lot closer to the soul of Batman than even Miller's. The Dark Knight Rises included.

By the way..

I still don't see the plot-holes that haters see. I can explain every single one of them. Some folks don't know what a plot-hole is. The only issue i have with Rises is the editing in parts. Could have been longer (maybe the Imax restriction had something to do with this) and some scenes were obviously cut quick when they could have let it breathe (hospital scene for example).

Well, Bruce was a bit of a crazy person in Nolan's trilogy as well, it was just much more on the background. Besides the fact that I wouldn't be surprised at all that Batfleck is going to be a lot like TDKreturns Batman, I don't really see a problem seeing that next to Bale/Batman.

TDKR is a great film and I too do not get why people keep on hating on it. Blaming it for being full of plot-holes which it isn't.

Either way, people will compare Batfleck to Bale's, it's inevitable but it's also quite pointless. They're both their own incarnation in different worlds. In the end, it's always about what people think of it themselves. I think Bale did a terrific job bringing Bruce Wayne to life. He played the three roles of it really really well. The billionaire playboy Bruce, Batman and the Bruce that only very few people know. To me, Bale is Batman. Although I did grew up with Keaton/Batman, he never convinced me.

I'm sure Affleck will do a stellar job and I hope Terrio has written Bruce Wayne well. I have no doubt we're getting a visually very impressive Batman. One that we haven't seen on the silver screen before.

Nomis1700 wrote:Well, Bruce was a bit of a crazy person in Nolan's trilogy as well, it was just much more on the background. Besides the fact that I wouldn't be surprised at all that Batfleck is going to be a lot like TDKreturns Batman, I don't really see a problem seeing that next to Bale/Batman.

TDKR is a great film and I too do not get why people keep on hating on it. Blaming it for being full of plot-holes which it isn't.

Either way, people will compare Batfleck to Bale's, it's inevitable but it's also quite pointless. They're both their own incarnation in different worlds. In the end, it's always about what people think of it themselves. I think Bale did a terrific job bringing Bruce Wayne to life. He played the three roles of it really really well. The billionaire playboy Bruce, Batman and the Bruce that only very few people know. To me, Bale is Batman. Although I did grew up with Keaton/Batman, he never convinced me.

I'm sure Affleck will do a stellar job and I hope Terrio has written Bruce Wayne well. I have no doubt we're getting a visually very impressive Batman. One that we haven't seen on the silver screen before.
I agree almost completely. I would only add that you will be able to compare the two. Even though they'll have different approaches, they're still playing the same character so if you can't compare two people playing the same character, what can you compare? ;) But of course, the comparison will always be based on personal preference alone. Some might like the more emotional and tragic Batman like Bale's version, and some will like the grumpy and badass version.

What I hope for Batman in BvS is that he doesn't lose to Superman. That would be a bad decision to start your Batman franchise by showing that this version's a worse hero than someone else. Plus, symbolically I don't see the point of showing a superior being pummel a regular human into submission. It makes way more sense to show the strength of the human spirit.

LelekPL wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:Well, Bruce was a bit of a crazy person in Nolan's trilogy as well, it was just much more on the background. Besides the fact that I wouldn't be surprised at all that Batfleck is going to be a lot like TDKreturns Batman, I don't really see a problem seeing that next to Bale/Batman.

I agree almost completely. I would only add that you will be able to compare the two. Even though they'll have different approaches, they're still playing the same character so if you can't compare two people playing the same character, what can you compare? ;) But of course, the comparison will always be based on personal preference alone. Some might like the more emotional and tragic Batman like Bale's version, and some will like the grumpy and badass version.

What I hope for Batman in BvS is that he doesn't lose to Superman. That would be a bad decision to start your Batman franchise by showing that this version's a worse hero than someone else. Plus, symbolically I don't see the point of showing a superior being pummel a regular human into submission. It makes way more sense to show the strength of the human spirit.
I don't think the studios are gonna let Batman loose simply because Batman is currently the much more popular and successful character. I'm fairly certain that it's gonna end on a tie of some sort.

Yeah, I doubt that he would lose. It doesn't make any sense from a marketing standpoint - establishing that one hero is better than the other... why would children buy "the loser's" toys? It definitely doesn't make sense, especially for a character like Batman.

But since Snyder is a "Superman" guy, I fear he might try to give him the edge in the battle, which I just hope that the studio doesn't allow.

I guess a good way how to do it was in Marvel's fights. All of them finished more or less in a draw - Thor vs Cap vs Iron Man and Thor vs Hulk. It respects all the characters and shows them as equalls, which you need in a cinematic universe.

Winter in Gotham