TDKR General Information

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Sorry for posting it in here as well as the "when does the screenplay come out" thread, but...
My TDKR script transcription finally done. Doing a full proof-read tomorrow on my flight, any corrections I find will be rectified, and then it will go online…in less than 24 hours from now. ;)
Also, are we allowed to have an 'official' TDKR screenplay thread started tomorrow to discuss everything script-wise instead of scattering all over the different script-related threads (such as the 'when does it come out?' one)?
Thanks for your support everyone! :)

And here we go, full TDKR script download:
165 pages of epic. Done a full proof read and spell check as well, but if there are any mistakes, I apologise. Hope this holds everyone over until November when WB will probably officially release this in time for Oscar season. And if the admins of the main site want to put it into the 'Screenplays' section, feel free to.

Enjoy!

:D

antovolk wrote:And here we go, full TDKR script download:
165 pages of epic. Done a full proof read and spell check as well, but if there are any mistakes, I apologise. Hope this holds everyone over until November when WB will probably officially release this in time for Oscar season. And if the admins of the main site want to put it into the 'Screenplays' section, feel free to.

Enjoy!

:D
BLOWJOBS FOR ALL!

Vader182 wrote:I noticed something interesting about the critical reception of Nolan's past three films. The phrasing in most articles discussing Rises (primarily in terms of box office) labels it as receiving a significantly inferior reaction than The Dark Knight did.

The facts:

The Dark Knight holds an all critics percentage of 94% with an average rating of 8.5. This is a very loving score. The top critics rating is a 91% and average of 8/10.

Inception has 86% and an 8/10, with a top critics of 80% and 7.4/10. Inception is consistently viewed as a hugely critically acclaimed film, and was represented as such in similar articles mentioned to the ones above (I tracked Inception's box office religiously).

The Dark Knight Rises has an 87%, and an 8/10, with top critics 75% and 7.9/10. Note: it has one percent higher percentage and the same average rating as Inception's general rating, and .4 higher in the average rating than Inception, despite being 5% lower. It's pretty puzzling Rises isn't first and foremost being discussed as a hugely critically acclaimed film when it's critical reception is as warm if not warmer than Inception's.

What's the most significant fact of the above is that despite the Rises top critic rating being significantly lower then The Dark Knight's (17%), it's only .1 lower in the average. This indicates the 75% of reviews that gave Rises a fresh rating awarded it a much higher average rating than it did The Dark Knight, so as to balance out the 25% who did not to a 7.9/10. The top critics are the ones (obviously so) viewed with esteem and credibility, and the ones that get the most attention from those seeking out reviews.

Basically, The Dark Knight Rises was received as warmly if not more so than Inception, a film viewed as hugely critically successful with glowing reviews from a wide number of publications, and while neither Inception nor Rises touch The Dark Knight's general rating, Rises is far above Inception's and damned close to Rises' despite the huge difference in percent, so it sure as hell should be viewed as a massive critical success.

I'm tired and that was probably half incoherent and the half redundant, oh well.

-Vader
I think part of the reason that Inception seemed more highly regarded is because it was wholly original, and no one had quite seen anything like it before. With TDKR, they had a reference point, and the undeniable comparisons to TDK soon followed.

Don't know if these have been posted, but Vader hadn't seen them so I'll assume they haven't been.

Crazy Eight wrote:Don't know if these have been posted, but Vader hadn't seen them so I'll assume they haven't been.

I've seen several of those before. From the "Art and Making" book, I believe.

Someone just uploaded the entire film on YouTube (in one 2.5 hour video) and it hasn't been taken down yet. :facepalm:

aaron wrote:Someone just uploaded the entire film on YouTube (in one 2.5 hour video) and it hasn't been taken down yet. :facepalm:
WHEHREHEHHWHEHEHWH
Sigs???

aaron wrote:Someone just uploaded the entire film on YouTube (in one 2.5 hour video) and it hasn't been taken down yet. :facepalm:
Link please.