TDKR General Information

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
User avatar
Posts: 42706
Joined: May 2010
"I'm not saying this as a cast member. I'm saying this as a member of the academy. So far, it's the best film I've seen all year," said Anne Hathaway
Silly comment by Anne. "I am saying this as a member of the academy." :roll:

Posts: 258
Joined: July 2011

User avatar
Posts: 26288
Joined: February 2010
Location: Texas
Allstar wrote:
"I'm not saying this as a cast member. I'm saying this as a member of the academy. So far, it's the best film I've seen all year," said Anne Hathaway
Silly comment by Anne. "I am saying this as a member of the academy." :roll:
I think anyone who has been nominated or won an award becomes a "member of the academy".
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

User avatar
Posts: 3855
Joined: June 2010
Cilogy wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Silly comment by Anne. "I am saying this as a member of the academy." :roll:
I think anyone who has been nominated or won an award becomes a "member of the academy".
She is a member, but I think he meant that she sounds pretentious.
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

User avatar
Posts: 42706
Joined: May 2010
Cilogy wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Silly comment by Anne. "I am saying this as a member of the academy." :roll:
I think anyone who has been nominated or won an award becomes a "member of the academy".
I know it was just kind of silly and somewhat pretentious that she had to mention it.

anyway,
Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, two of Nolan's "Inception" colleagues, deliver superb performances in a genre whose characters often act more than a little campy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/1 ... ertainment

User avatar
Posts: 1161
Joined: February 2012
Location: Oregon, USA
Monicabbm wrote:
Cilogy wrote: I think anyone who has been nominated or won an award becomes a "member of the academy".
She is a member, but I think he meant that she sounds pretentious.
It's not pretentious. If she were to say it was the best film she's seen all year, we would assume that it was a bias because she had a role in it. But she mentioned she's saying it as a member of the Academy, a "prestigious" group of people which indicates her words really were true AND elevates the Oscar support for the film.

apw
Posts: 2466
Joined: June 2009
Location: UK
More spoiler pics
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Posts: 151
Joined: June 2012
Okay, noone seems to be answering my question, and I bet most people will ignore this due to the amazing photos above this comment, but can someone please explain why there's no news/footage of Gary Oldman's interview at The Grove?

User avatar
Posts: 3855
Joined: June 2010
robboadam31 wrote:Okay, noone seems to be answering my question, and I bet most people will ignore this due to the amazing photos above this comment, but can someone please explain why there's no news/footage of Gary Oldman's interview at The Grove?
I have not found this interview.
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

apw
Posts: 2466
Joined: June 2009
Location: UK
robboadam31 wrote:Okay, noone seems to be answering my question, and I bet most people will ignore this due to the amazing photos above this comment, but can someone please explain why there's no news/footage of Gary Oldman's interview at The Grove?
It either didn't happen or someone didn't record it. :eh:

Post Reply