The Dark Knight Rises: The Official Novelization

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Does that funeral scene were Alfred says "I'm so sorry, i've failed you, you trusted me and i failed you" happen in the novel?
Does Gordon light the flare which he then lights the line to the bat symbol in the novel?

For fucks sake, TBO, stop asking if basic plot elements are in the film's novelization. Are you expecting this shit NOT to be there?

SilverHeart wrote:For fucks sake, TBO, stop asking if basic plot elements are in the film's novelization. Are you expecting this shit NOT to be there?
Novelisations can miss out/ supercede scenes in the film or add new ones in their transfer to the page. The ones TBO mentioned may or may not be there; we'll just have to wait and see.

MikaHaeli8 wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:For fucks sake, TBO, stop asking if basic plot elements are in the film's novelization. Are you expecting this shit NOT to be there?
Novelisations can miss out/ supercede scenes in the film or add new ones in their transfer to the page. The ones TBO mentioned may or may not be there; we'll just have to wait and see.
But before he was asking literally very basic plot points.

TBO1812 wrote:What about the line
"Don't be Shy" said by Catwoman
or the first battle between Bane and Batman
and what about Mirander revealing she's Talia and the whole story
and Ra's appearing as a hullicination
and Bane's story

TBO1812 wrote:Does Gordon or Blake say anything else after Blake says "Not as much as it does now. But you betrayed everything you stood for" in the novel?
Do these lines happen in the novel?
" No guns" Said by Batman
"What's the fun in that" Said by Catwoman
Dude! I appreciate your enthusiasm for info--that's why I bought the novelization.
But sorry, I don't have any more time to transcribe passage from the book.
Get yourself a copy--you''ll be glad you did, and I'm sure it will answer even more of your questions.
Peace out.

Can someone please finally sort out the "charge/vouch for them" mess?

solo2001 wrote:Can someone please finally sort out the "charge/vouch for them" mess?
He clearly says "charge" in the final cut. I actually chuckled when I first heard it. Its not as clear as in the theater tho. Oh no TDKR went down by .1 on IMDB :JGLface: :batface: :oldmanface:
http://www.movie2k.to/The-Dark-Knight-R ... 06149.html
"When art imitates life"

I think this was cut from the film but are these lines in the novel?
Bruce: I told you
Lucius: You're Retired
Bruce: I'm retired

TBO1812 wrote:I think this was cut from the film but are these lines in the novel?
Buy the fucking book, why does it matter I'd you're not gonna read it?

TBO1812 wrote:I think this was cut from the film but are these lines in the novel?
In the book he just says "I'm retired." Lucius does not say that.

But I will say again, you definitely should buy/order the book. It's way better to see all the changes in the context of the book and the author's surrounding descriptions than to just get the book quotes. Peace out.