Chris Nolan and crew do realize...

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
that there are more players on the return team in football than the guy that catches it right?

PowerDump wrote:that there are more players on the return team in football than the guy that catches it right?
Nope. Chuck Testa.

Cool thread.

PowerDump wrote:that there are more players on the return team in football than the guy that catches it right?

Forum Pro
Law
Someone with over 1k posts makes this thread? You should be banned

He's English, he doesn't know anything about Football. Give him a break.

This thread is absolutely wrong. I'm an avid football and in the last 50 yards of the field there is hardly ever a blocker since most of the blocks occur within the 40 on kick return. The angle didn't show much of the field an I did see a couple of Rogues running prior to them falling to their death
"When art imitates life"

yes, i agree with previous poster. i was at the shoot and they definitely had an entire team on the field for both the kicking side and the returning side. the entire kick return was choreographed regarding blocking, falls, moves, etc. and filmed from like 7 or 8 angles multiple times. i dont think we need to worry that they are going to make such a stupid mistake.

:thumbdown: on this thread

ajrsummers wrote:yes, i agree with previous poster. i was at the shoot and they definitely had an entire team on the field for both the kicking side and the returning side. the entire kick return was choreographed regarding blocking, falls, moves, etc. and filmed from like 7 or 8 angles multiple times. i dont think we need to worry that they are going to make such a stupid mistake.

:thumbdown: on this thread
Even if it is a mistake it's only obvious because it was in the trailer. If it was the movie (and you've never seen the trailer) the only way to actually notice this "mistake" is if someone pointed you to it, otherwise you'd just be fuckin amazed at the whole sequence and not just this shit. This is the problem, in the trailer it was just this shot and nothing else.

The CGI just isn't done yet. Early in the trailer the sidelines are filled with what your typical pro football sideline is filled with; bench players, coaches, refs, video/audio equipment, etc. Then during the field implosion the visible sideline is empty. Nolan is a stickler for detail. He wouldn't have replicated all the details of a pro football game (see: titantron logos, painting the field with more than stripes, the actor audio/video guys, using Pittsburgh Steelers to make the one play look real, etc.) only to not have them present during the moment they used the field for in the first place.

They obviously got the field imploding done for the trailer and are adding all the little details later. Hell, it's probably done now.