How cool would it be...

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
akv1984 wrote:
chee wrote:No, its a huge franchise. It's going to have some huge marketing and a huge budget.
Yeah. You're right about that. I thought that it would be sweet if it were a cult film.
Depending on how Inception turns out, it certainly seems like Inception is a likely candidate for what you're describing, much like Memento. Although, I don't agree with the notion that 3atman would be better or cooler as a cult film and not a blockbuster.

Batman series is the biggest franchise that WB holds (after HP). So, obviously there will be huge viral marketing campaign for B3. There's no way they'll go for a smaller release. That would be a financial disaster.

I want a huge viral campaign for Batman 3. I missed out on the v.c. for TDK, and I want to be part of it next time. It looks like fun.

AlexHaas wrote:
akv1984 wrote:
chee wrote:No, its a huge franchise. It's going to have some huge marketing and a huge budget.
Yeah. You're right about that. I thought that it would be sweet if it were a cult film.
Depending on how Inception turns out, it certainly seems like Inception is a likely candidate for what you're describing, much like Memento. Although, I don't agree with the notion that 3atman would be better or cooler as a cult film and not a blockbuster.
I'm not saying that it will be better or cooler. It would be more interesting to see.

akv1984 wrote:I'm not saying that it will be better or cooler. It would be more interesting to see.
Yea, I know what you mean. :)

This is the stupidest idea ever posted on this forum. It wouldn't be cool, it would be suicide. The film wouldn't be able to pay for itself, everyone would be pissed, and people would think Nolan is a hack.

CrazyEight wrote:This is the stupidest idea ever posted on this forum. It wouldn't be cool, it would be suicide. The film wouldn't be able to pay for itself, everyone would be pissed, and people would think Nolan is a hack.
exactly

akv1984 wrote:if B3 was a smaller release? Like after this big huge hit comes a small understated film? People on IMDB have discussed this and I like the idea of B3 being a smaller release.
You found interesting what some guys at IMDb were discussing? I don't think, nor would ever happen, for Batman 3 to be a smaller release. The films were great and a smaller release might disappoint some fans

CrazyEight wrote:This is the stupidest idea ever posted on this forum. It wouldn't be cool, it would be suicide. The film wouldn't be able to pay for itself, everyone would be pissed, and people would think Nolan is a hack.
No, the distinction of stupidest idea goes to this:

http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... f=26&t=870

Eternalist wrote:
No, the distinction of stupidest idea goes to this:

http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... f=26&t=870
Hahah, I didn't even read what that guy posted. But I read the title and I decided it was failure just from that.