The Dark Knight Rises Runtime

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
DHOPW42 wrote:
Ailton wrote:So still no confirmation for the runtime yet? Don't the theaters have to know the exact runtime in order to calculate the prices for advance tickets?
What can we consider an official confirmation? Because to me only Warner Bros.' or Nolan's announcement would be the official announcement, but some consider the AMC theatres' runtime also official.
I'd consider Nolan's or WB's confirmation as official exclusively. I don't see why AMC's runtime should be accurate (they announced it when Nolan still said the movie hasn't been finished yet). Maybe they got a rough estimation by WB, but how rough that is, I don't know; "165" sounds more than a guess number (BB was 140 minutes exactly, I know). Also some people in this forum say that this is the maximum length for IMAX movies, so maybe it's the maximum length in order to calculate how many showings they can do during the day.

On the other hand I have to confess that until now I've never observed when or how a runtime is revealed. Is it common that studios reveal the runtime "officially"?

To schedule the correct amount of showings per day, especially opening weekend, theaters must be aware of how long each screening is, as they could suffer potential losses otherwise. Every major theater chain in the U.S. and England has posted 165 on their websites, and to reiterate, they have to know the runtime by now. It doesn't get much more official than this.

-Vader

Ailton wrote:On the other hand I have to confess that until now I've never observed when or how a runtime is revealed. Is it common that studios reveal the runtime "officially"?
Good question, I really want to know the answer for that, too :-D

AgentOfChaos wrote:The official Imax website says 165 minutes. Since Imax is one of the partners behind the technology that made the film, along with their involvement in distribution..I think they're about as official it gets.

http://www.imax.com/movies/m/the-dark-k ... xperience/
Myth Confirmed.

165 MINUTES?! :tooexcited:

Wasn't Avatar like 171 or 178 minutes in imax? (re-release)

schrutey69 wrote:Wasn't Avatar like 171 or 178 minutes in imax? (re-release)

2:45 seems to be it, then. Awesome! :-D

2.45 is just perfect for my arse to handle...then it gets a little break before I sit through it again. :lol: