The Fire Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I think the trailer and the prologue are truly spectacular but the dialogue has provided the most questions I think?
"Have we started the fire?" asks Banes goon "The fire rises" is the response.
"What does that mean?" asks a greying Bruce Wayne, in what looks like an Indian prison. "Rise." is the response from a random man, who seems to have befriended Bruce.
Tha Chant is clearly a large part of the soundtrack "Deshay Deshay Basara Basara" - apparently means "he rises"

What is the physical manifestation of starting a fire? the Fire rising? What do all this people mean by chanting "Rise!" Is it the immortal Rha's - we don't see him dead at any point, is it escape? Is it the gaining of power? Is it standing up to quickly?? :-D
It certainly isn't popping back up after getting a kicking.

I think it is the rebirth, comeback, whatever you want to call it of a person or thing. In the case of Bane, bringing the League of Shadows back to Gotham
"It doesn't matter who WE are, what matters is OUR plan"

This would tie in with a Bruce Wayne resurgence after a beaten Bat, or a fake death of whatever.
Any thoughts?

Bane is the fire.

Mason wrote:Bane is the fire.
Makes sense.
Sigs???

But Bane talks of a collective.. not him as an individual. I also think in the Trailer ( perhaps completely wrongly) that people are chanting this at Bruce when he is in prison. Rise is perhaps some other spiritual journey. The fire could very well be the league of shadows or their plan but given the title of the film the "rise" aspect i expect to be little more.

Another reason
That Bane wouldn't be the fire is that he is asked if they have started a fire? which could mean raising awareness of something, but at this stage Bane seems well known, the CIA guy is very keen to find out about Bane but he is known to him for something. Being a mercenary??? but still the fire is more

Furthermore, "The Fire Rises" is also mentioned in A Tale of Two Cities. I think it's one of the chapter titles.

rogue_agent wrote:Furthermore, "The Fire Rises" is also mentioned in A Tale of Two Cities. I think it's one of the chapter titles.

rogue_agent wrote:Furthermore, "The Fire Rises" is also mentioned in A Tale of Two Cities.
Are you being totally and completely serious right now?

I barely read. Ever. But I'm becoming more and more compelled to read this book. Or at least watch the film adaptation.

Mason wrote:
rogue_agent wrote:Furthermore, "The Fire Rises" is also mentioned in A Tale of Two Cities. I think it's one of the chapter titles.
Barnes and Noble time :ugeek:
"When art imitates life"

I'm pretty it was "The sea rises" but I'm not sure. Its been over 3 years since ive actually A Tale Of Two Cities.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.