TDKR Trailer #3

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Maybe it will come up with The Hunger Game- oh, wait, it's already released. Maybe it will be released with Wrath of the- oh wait, it's too shitty.

How soon can we expect to hear, officially or through other channels, if the third trailer will indeed be in front of AVENGERS? Didn't we know waaay ahead of time for the teaser and trailer #1?

Starting to get a bit concerned it won't be in front of AVENGERS, after all.

Aranion wrote:How soon can we expect to hear, officially or through other channels, if the third trailer will indeed be in front of AVENGERS? Didn't we know waaay ahead of time for the teaser and trailer #1?

It was only speculation for the previous trailers and we guessed right. WB never announced when the trailer would be out. It was announced by http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/recent ... ilers.aspx

Mahiya_Borden wrote:
Aranion wrote:How soon can we expect to hear, officially or through other channels, if the third trailer will indeed be in front of AVENGERS? Didn't we know waaay ahead of time for the teaser and trailer #1?

It was only speculation for the previous trailers and we guessed right. WB never announced when the trailer would be out. It was announced by http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/recent ... ilers.aspx
*looks at recent ratings*

Waitwaitwait.

Battleship is rated PG?

Honestly, with as shitty as the marketing has been lately, it wouldn't surprise me if Trailer 3 was attached to Spiderman. I hope WB isn't making a mistake letting the hype die down. People still need hype and buzz

darkest_knight wrote:Honestly, with as shitty as the marketing has been lately, it wouldn't surprise me if Trailer 3 was attached to Spiderman. I hope WB isn't making a mistake letting the hype die down. People still need hype and buzz
July 3rd? That's way too late man. We'll be seeing TV spots around there.

I wouldn't want it to be in front of The Avengers. I mean it's bad business. Why would WB want people who want to watch the trailer pay money for a film that is competition to TDKR's hopes of being #1 in the BO.

Eames wrote:I wouldn't want it to be in front of The Avengers. I mean it's bad business. Why would WB want people who want to watch the trailer pay money for a film that is competition to TDKR's hopes of being #1 in the BO.
TDK was shown with Iron Man, so it likely will be with Avengers. The only other thing it might be with is Dark Shadows, but a lot more people are going to see Avengers than Dark Shadows. In fact Dark Shadows will probably suck like most Tim Burton movies so I doubt they'll do that. And it is wonderful marketing. When I go to see Avengers, if I see a epic trailer to TDKR right before it starts I wont even care about Avengers. I will hardly be able to pay attention to Avengers. All I will be thinking about for half the movie is what I saw in TDKR trailer and what it could mean.

Eames wrote:I wouldn't want it to be in front of The Avengers. I mean it's bad business. Why would WB want people who want to watch the trailer pay money for a film that is competition to TDKR's hopes of being #1 in the BO.
Believe me, it won't be. WB knows business. It's going to be with Dark Shadows.

Edit: @ ComptonTerry: Right, Tdk's was attached with Ironman cause it needed hype. TDKR doesn't really need it, surely not that desperate that they'd put it before some other studio's most-anticipated release. They've seen how MI4 gained from TDKR prologue. They know the same can be repeated with one of their own release and help themselves out with it.
Last edited by JayCificity on April 11th, 2012, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

It will be better with The Avengers. The Avengers will open big.
And people who go see this movie are also interested in seeing TDKR.
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist