TDKR Trailer #3

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Nelson wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:I think it would be something if the final trailer for TDKR(an unprecedented cinematic event) played in front of The Avengers(another unprecedented cinematic event).
The next trailer should run in front of Avengers and be Tom Hardy in a black room in his Bane costume breaking Avengers toys, one by one, while Nolan just stares at the camera, nodding.

Cut to black.

The Dark Knight Rises

July 20
LMFAO THAT'S FUCKING FUNNY! HAVE MY BABIES.
Sigs???

Nelson wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:I think it would be something if the final trailer for TDKR(an unprecedented cinematic event) played in front of The Avengers(another unprecedented cinematic event).
The next trailer should run in front of Avengers and be Tom Hardy in a black room in his Bane costume breaking Avengers toys, one by one, while Nolan just stares at the camera, nodding.

Cut to black.

The Dark Knight Rises

July 20
:lol:

Nelson wrote:

Cut to black.

The Dark Knight Rises

July 20
L :lol: M :lol: F :lol: A :lol: O

I honestly think it's such a stupid thing to not buy ad time during the superbowl, such a wasted opportunity...and really dkr is falling behind the avengers right now. It's risky to rely just on the hype from the last move to market itself especially when when you don't have ledger to up the hype and a relative (but talented) newcomer who a lot of people still do not recognise as the main villain and while I love Hathaway, I don't think her as catwoman is the selling point of this film.

pixiedivision wrote:I honestly think it's such a stupid thing to not buy ad time during the superbowl, such a wasted opportunity...and really dkr is falling behind the avengers right now. It's risky to rely just on the hype from the last move to market itself especially when when you don't have ledger to up the hype and a relative (but talented) newcomer who a lot of people still do not recognise as the main villain and while I love Hathaway, I don't think her as catwoman is the selling point of this film.
Wasted opportunity? This is not John Carter, there's plenty of time, and Catwoman WILL be the selling point of this film, marketing is yet to hit phase two. Patience.

pixiedivision wrote:I honestly think it's such a stupid thing to not buy ad time during the superbowl, such a wasted opportunity...and really dkr is falling behind the avengers right now. It's risky to rely just on the hype from the last move to market itself especially when when you don't have ledger to up the hype and a relative (but talented) newcomer who a lot of people still do not recognise as the main villain and while I love Hathaway, I don't think her as catwoman is the selling point of this film.
How can you tell if the hype for something is falling behind? Does it even need to stay ahead?

The Avengers is being released earlier, and admittedly has had some pretty interesting trailers and releases, but in the two months between Avengers and TDK, you can guarantee that everyone will be waiting for July to come. The Avengers will stoke the fire for the public; get them into a superhero mood, and then TDKR will top it off.
I don't think TDKR will set any records or sell as many seats as TDK did... and a lot of people don't like to hear it, but it's because it won't have the Ledger-death-hype from TDK. But I think it'll still just slightly be more successful than Avengers.
I do think that Bane and Hathaway as Catwoman are a little difficult for the general movie-going public to get behind at the moment. Unfortunately the classic villains (Joker, Riddler, Penguin) are the only characters that everyone knows and anything else seems a little lofty. It's exactly why Marvel have spent almost a decade introducing their characters to cinema audiences, because the public would struggle to see Thor suddenly put alongside more standard superheroes like Iron Man and Captain America.
But I think we'll get warmer to Catwoman when she gets some significant trailer time (tight-leather acrobatics).

The Avengers is going for colourful action with elements of fantasy. The Dark Knight Rises is going for dark and brutal themes.

It's not a race. And the argument over which film is better will only continue if you let yourself get involved. Stop reading the hype articles, don't get drawn in; watch both films (we all know we're going to anyway) and then decide which best suits your ideas and wishes for the genre. The battle will only frustrate you and neither side will ever let it go.

Someone posted a trailer #3 description over at imdb...so obviously take with a small grain of salt ;)
My friend, who's name and job will reamin anonymous, has sent me a possible descritpion of the Third Trailer. Take this a grain of salt as always, becuase he's been wrong in the past.

Bruce has a voice-over:

“Eight Years, and the damages of Gotham I caused cannot be healed”

Bruce walks into a village filled with inhabitants (I’m guessing this was the India set). A shot of Bruce with a beard.

“My Journey for answers is not finished”

He approaches a well (which I’m very sure is the CGI well we saw from the first photo leak), he’s accompanied by Tom Conti who we can only vaguely make out in the background of the desert.

“And my Journey is about to end”
Cut to black:

The Chant starts playing.

“What does that mean?”

Close-Up on Bane for about a brief second. Silence.

“Rise”

Cue Warner Bros. and Co (which is similar to the first teaser, but the colour scheme is brown)

(The music that starts is Redemption by Zack Hemsey, the same guy who scored the third Trailer of Inception. The music will continue to be played over the entire trailer)

Bruce attends the ceremony for Harvey Dent’s funeral. Gordon continues his tribute about him being the shining Knight of Gotham. He then announces that he and his police force will hunt down and execute the Batman, this makes Bruce looks worried about.

Cue From 'Christopher Nolan'
Shot of Gotham, then a shot of the newly built Wayne Manor.

Alfred and Bruce argue over Bruce’s protection. A shot of Bruce looking in the Batcave, which is newly built, looks more technological.

Shot of Wayne Enterprises. Bruce is talking with Miranda Tate about her position at Wayne Enterprises, and how he should reflect of his parents’ successes. All her dialogue makes her sound like she is hiding something from Wayne.

At the Party, Selina and Bruce talk about the ample and the pitiful citizens of Gotham, in which Selina expresses her disapproval for the wealthy. Alfred says she has had a life in crime starting from when she was an orphan. Then a shot of Selina fighting a guy in front of a kid (like from the set photos).

Gordon is talking to Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Sunjata about the unit he is forming and promotes Sunjata to Lieutenant, which Gordon-Levitt doesn’t look too happy about. Cut to Gordon-Levitt and Sunjata trying to catch a man wearing a black bandit mask in a Hospital.

Bane and his men are driving in their HMTT (like from the set videos/photos). Lucius tells Bruce there has been a break in at WayneTech, which Bane then breaks his leg. Alfred says he cannot continue to mend the injuries when he can’t even mend his own life. Cut to the final meal shot from the first trailer.

Then cut to the Heins Field Stadium. The teams run on to the field, shake hands. The tumblers start rolling in, then a nice shot of the door ejecting with Bane getting out.

Cut to Black; silence.

“GOTHAM!”

Multiple Car explosions in a tunnel.

“TAKE CONTROL!”

Same shot of Bruce looking horrified from the first trailer.

“TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CITY!”

The Earthquake device starts and the whole stadium collapses. Gotham citizens start running around the city destroying everything in sight. People start attacking the cops.

Bruce says that this chaos can only be stopped by one person, I don’t know who he’s saying it to.

Selina finds the Batpod and goggles in the streets. She puts the lenses on, they flip forward and she starts driving through the city.

Gordon and Batman confront each other; Batman tells him they will take back Gotham tonight.

Alleyway shot, Joseph Gordon-Levitt pushes a dumpster and shots from behind it. Motorcycles ride through the city and over cars with a brief shot of Matthew Modine on the back of one of them. Juno Temple is grabbed by a merc, which then Catwoman comes in and starts fighting them. Bane yells in the sewer scene: “I WILL BREAK YOU!!”

A lot of shots here, but these are what I remember:
- Tumbler shots at the riot.
- HMTT falls through the ground.
- Batman looks down at the city in the dark
- Batman and Bane hold each other in a lock.
- The Bat, tumbler and Batpod are riding through a power plant while water comes flowing out fast (that was probably the money shot of the trailer)

Black

The Batman theme starts, the new shattered Batman logo appears with the title cover it: 'The Dark Knight Rises'

TITLE CARDS: 'The Epic Trilogy Ends'
I know there was a scene shot with JGL and the dumpster which was filmed but not many people saw...so, idk. I'm calling fake though.

madcowre wrote:Someone posted a trailer #3 description over at imdb...so obviously take with a small grain of salt ;)
My friend, who's name and job will reamin anonymous, has sent me a possible descritpion of the Third Trailer. Take this a grain of salt as always, becuase he's been wrong in the past.

Bruce has a voice-over:

Bruce walks into a village filled with inhabitants (I’m guessing this was the India set). A shot of Bruce with a beard.

He approaches a well (which I’m very sure is the CGI well we saw from the first photo leak), he’s accompanied by Tom Conti who we can only vaguely make out in the background of the desert.

Cut to black:

“What does that mean?”

“Rise”

Cue Warner Bros. and Co (which is similar to the first teaser, but the colour scheme is brown)

(The music that starts is Redemption by Zack Hemsey, the same guy who scored the third Trailer of Inception. The music will continue to be played over the entire trailer)

Bruce attends the ceremony for Harvey Dent’s funeral. Gordon continues his tribute about him being the shining Knight of Gotham. He then announces that he and his police force will hunt down and execute the Batman, this makes Bruce looks worried about.

Alfred and Bruce argue over Bruce’s protection. A shot of Bruce looking in the Batcave, which is newly built, looks more technological.

Shot of Wayne Enterprises. Bruce is talking with Miranda Tate about her position at Wayne Enterprises, and how he should reflect of his parents’ successes. All her dialogue makes her sound like she is hiding something from Wayne.

At the Party, Selina and Bruce talk about the ample and the pitiful citizens of Gotham, in which Selina expresses her disapproval for the wealthy. Alfred says she has had a life in crime starting from when she was an orphan. Then a shot of Selina fighting a guy in front of a kid (like from the set photos).

Gordon is talking to Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Sunjata about the unit he is forming and promotes Sunjata to Lieutenant, which Gordon-Levitt doesn’t look too happy about. Cut to Gordon-Levitt and Sunjata trying to catch a man wearing a black bandit mask in a Hospital.

Bane and his men are driving in their HMTT (like from the set videos/photos). Lucius tells Bruce there has been a break in at WayneTech, which Bane then breaks his leg. Alfred says he cannot continue to mend the injuries when he can’t even mend his own life. Cut to the final meal shot from the first trailer.

Then cut to the Heins Field Stadium. The teams run on to the field, shake hands. The tumblers start rolling in, then a nice shot of the door ejecting with Bane getting out.

Cut to Black; silence.

“GOTHAM!”

“TAKE CONTROL!”

The Earthquake device starts and the whole stadium collapses. Gotham citizens start running around the city destroying everything in sight. People start attacking the cops.

Bruce says that this chaos can only be stopped by one person, I don’t know who he’s saying it to.

Selina finds the Batpod and goggles in the streets. She puts the lenses on, they flip forward and she starts driving through the city.

Gordon and Batman confront each other; Batman tells him they will take back Gotham tonight.

Alleyway shot, Joseph Gordon-Levitt pushes a dumpster and shots from behind it. Motorcycles ride through the city and over cars with a brief shot of Matthew Modine on the back of one of them. Juno Temple is grabbed by a merc, which then Catwoman comes in and starts fighting them. Bane yells in the sewer scene: “I WILL BREAK YOU!!”

- The Bat, tumbler and Batpod are riding through a power plant while water comes flowing out fast (that was probably the money shot of the trailer)

Black

The Batman theme starts, the new shattered Batman logo appears with the title cover it: 'The Dark Knight Rises'

I know there was a scene shot with JGL and the dumpster which was filmed but not many people saw...so, idk. I'm calling fake though.
Not sure about that; it's all believable, but I think there's a little too much of it.
Also, not sure about Selina just finding the batpod and goggles in the street.
We'll see though.
I certainly like the image of the tumblers, Bat and batpod in a flooding power-station, but there's nothing to suggest that scene exists already. Just the external ninja shots of a power-station set and police cars racing into it.

madcowre wrote:Someone posted a trailer #3 description over at imdb...so obviously take with a small grain of salt ;)

Bruce has a voice-over:

Cut to black:

“What does that mean?”

“Rise”

Cut to Black; silence.

“GOTHAM!”

“TAKE CONTROL!”

Black

With the recent lack of news, I'll take anything, even though I call BS Entertainment on this one. ;)

Just put this on, relax and enjoy your imagination running wild.

@DHOPW42, It's probably fake but he said that this ''trailer'' will be released in May.
Last edited by m4st4 on March 7th, 2012, 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Why would anyone think that there would be an existing trailer in March? I'm sure we won't get a trailer until May.