TDKR Trailer #3

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Nolan4Life wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
I want a Catwoman poster.
Probably not gonna get one. Dent never had his own poster.
Wasn't Dent featured on one of the promotional banners?

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:We'll probably get it in the spring. March or April?, maybe?
Maybe in front of The Hunger Games?

07202012 wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:We'll probably get it in the spring. March or April?, maybe?
Maybe in front of The Hunger Games?
No I'm sure we'll get one in front of The Avengers. Inception and the Dark Knight both appeared in front of the Iron Man movies in May.

07202012 wrote:
Nolan4Life wrote: Probably not gonna get one. Dent never had his own poster.
Wasn't Dent featured on one of the promotional banners?

anonymity wrote:It does seem sensible to me to play the football scene at the bowl. Plus it does actually consist of The Pittsburgh Steelers a real NFL team. And how perfect would it be if they actually played in the Super Bowl. I'm not getting my hopes up though. It's actually money they don't have to spend on a film that's already hyped enough as it is.
Point 1: I really hope the Steelers do make the Superbowl again, so the Pack can smash them into oblivion and then we can swiftly follow by fictionally destroying the entire team.

Point 2: $3MM/30 seconds is a drop in the bucket for how much cash this film will bring in. (+1 if you agree to go at least twice). We need to shatter Cameron's box office records. Nolan for the win.

:twothumbsup:

+1

cclem wrote:Point 2: $3MM/30 seconds is a drop in the bucket for how much cash this film will bring in. (+1 if you agree to go at least twice). We need to shatter Cameron's box office records. Nolan for the win.
But that's not necessarily how a studio thinks. WB has shown they're not going all-out on the marketing as they did with TDK - and we all agree that they don't really need to. Essentially building awareness is all they need to do, as public anticipation for this film is already quite high. So why spend $3 million that they don't need to?

I'm not defending or agreeing with this approach (nor am I saying I disagree with it). But WB's goal is to motivate people to see their movies without spending one unnecessary dime to do so.

Aranion wrote:
cclem wrote:Point 2: $3MM/30 seconds is a drop in the bucket for how much cash this film will bring in. (+1 if you agree to go at least twice). We need to shatter Cameron's box office records. Nolan for the win.
But that's not necessarily how a studio thinks. WB has shown they're not going all-out on the marketing as they did with TDK - and we all agree that they don't really need to. Essentially building awareness is all they need to do, as public anticipation for this film is already quite high. So why spend $3 million that they don't need to?

I'm not defending or agreeing with this approach (nor am I saying I disagree with it). But WB's goal is to motivate people to see their movies without spending one unnecessary dime to do so.
True; but it seems like the area where the marketing is really getting neglected is the viral campaign, because they have that audience (the hardcore fans) almost certainly guaranteed this time around. That gives them extra time and effort to try and bring in a wider audience, which they might do by placing ads at the Superbowl.

TR3 probaly in may.

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Aranion wrote:

True; but it seems like the area where the marketing is really getting neglected is the viral campaign, because they have that audience (the hardcore fans) almost certainly guaranteed this time around. That gives them extra time and effort to try and bring in a wider audience, which they might do by placing ads at the Superbowl.

There is clearly no need to market quite as heavy for the 3rd film...but the Super Bowl brings massive viewers for just 1.2% of the entire budget [$250MM - any more recent figures out there??].

"The 45th Super Bowl beat 2010s record audience by 4.5 million, for a total of 111 million viewers."
Maybe they will re-think strategy this time around? I hope.

Sounds like, from previous posts, they are right in-line with TDK schedule at this point-in-time... so maybe we won't get anything after all :problem:

Placing ads during the Super Bowl seems like the most logical. A massive audience that will be able to immediately identify Batman on the screen sounds like an excellent way to advertise. This past Super Bowl featured 30 sec spots from all the major films of the summer.