Bane's voice

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Okay I think this deserves it's own thread.I've read the reactions of MANY people both here and on various other sites and the one thing I CANNOT understand is why SOME people can easily understand Bane's voice while others are completly clueless.Seriously I have been thinking about this for a while,a friend of mine(who's a fan of Bane and Nolan) wen't to the NYC screenings on Monday and he was like"I have no idea what Bane was trying to say" and there's another one who saw it on Tuesday said he had no idea what people are bitching about.

CONFUSED :eh:

I could understand it for the most part. There was a couple of sentences that I didn't fully understand but I managed to get bits and pieces from them. Most people I've spoken to about this said they could understand some of what he said but not every word.

The reality is, the circumstances of the prologue dictate that there is a lot of background noise (combine that with him wearing a mask) and that made it difficult to hear the sentences I missed. I'll put that - the background noise and musical score - down as the main factor with people not understanding him

On a related note, I love what Hardy has done with the voice it works very well and wasn't quite what I expected at all.

The bootlegs wont be so clear due to the quality but I have heard some people still complain even when they went to the IMAX pre-screening. It could've been to the back ground noise but we might find out if this is a bigger issue once the trailer officially comes out. But I haven't had any problems hearing him and I usually have issues with similar cases in other movies so...

In the plane he wasnt really easy too understand,in the trailer much much better imo.

I saw it in Imax and i can understand. I need to listen carefully. I hope they do make it more audible.

It's like I said... People who are familiar with guttural accents will understand it no problem. If you live in an urban area and have friends or deal with ppl of all creed, you will recognize the sounds.

I only saw the bootleg of the prologue, and I could understand Bane pretty well most of the time, although that might be partly due to the fact that I'd read the transcript before seeing the prologue. Only a few sentences during the plane crash were a bit difficult to understand, but I don't think that had anything to do with the mask or with Hardy's talk being unintelligible, but more with the music and the background noise.

I'm not worried at all, and frankly I think people might be making a bigger issue out this than is necessary. Nolan knows what he's doing, just chill out.

mchekhov wrote:It's like I said... People who are familiar with guttural accents will understand it no problem. If you live in an urban area and have friends or deal with ppl of all creed, you will recognize the sounds.
Thats gangsta

MrBatman wrote:
mchekhov wrote:It's like I said... People who are familiar with guttural accents will understand it no problem. If you live in an urban area and have friends or deal with ppl of all creed, you will recognize the sounds.
Thats gangsta
talli is gangsta

I could understand literally everything Bane said, there was only one line I couldn't understand. (I watched the bootleg btw) I'd also like to add that Bane's voice is amazing and Tom Hardy is a genius.