TDKR can't match TDK

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Think carefully, is there any way that TDKR can match TDK. The JOKER vs BATMAN, good vs evil, right decisions over moral decisions. What do you think?

Yeah it can.

Liam Neeson

No, it don't.

This guy is gonna fit in nicely.

uhhh Tom Wins

josehinojosa wrote:No, it don't.
Give me one reason why I shouldn't have my boy here pull your head off.

josehinojosa wrote:Think carefully, is there any way that TDKR can match TDK. The JOKER vs BATMAN, good vs evil, right decisions over moral decisions. What do you think?
I agree, it won't match TDK ... I think it will be better.
Last edited by Cilogy on September 1st, 2011, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

The JOKER was the only caracter, that make BATMAN go in to the edge.
That almost turn him crazy, look what hi made to Harvey Dent.

I still maintain that, box office discussions aside, TDKR doesn't need to "match" TDK. Both Nolan Batman films have had very different emphases, requiring different scales of story and intensity. Hardy's job isn't to "beat" Ledger's performance - it's to make Bane a frightening, credible adversary. And while it appears the scope of TDKR is even bigger than TDK's, Nolan's job isn't bigger explosions or simply one-upping himself: it's to tell a compelling, cohesive ending to his Batman story.

And if TDKR is more Bruce/Bats-centric, as BEGINS is, then I think he has an even better chance of making this the most powerful entry in the series. In TDK, Bruce had to share (or even cede) the main emotional arc of the film over to Dent, with Bruce/Bats providing the impetus of the plot moving forward and the overall arc (Bruce moving from feeling almost done being Batman to accepting he's going to be doing it for a while, even while being hated and hunted).