TDKR can't match TDK

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
After the recent developments over the past few months, particularly with the Empire magazine revelations, I think now is a fitting time to discuss or rediscuss the potential that TDKR has to top the TDK as a film.
Now that the film is set 8 years into the future, this leaves many questions that have to be addressed, such as: If Bane really does know about Harvey's "Two-Face," mentality and the cover-up that ensued with Gordon and Batman, how does he know this? Furthermore, how will Nolan adequately explain Gotham's transition from TDK to TDKR over those 8 years, plus introduce at least 4 new intricate characters: Miranda Tate, John Blake, Catwoman and Bane.
When I look at all the variables, from the information currently released by Empire, to the set photos, to the new characters involved in the story, I come to one conclusion (albeit premature, of course, because I haven't seen the film, but this is all pure speculation for the sake of fun): TDRK will not surpass TDK as a film. Joker/Two-face or Bane/Catwoman. It's not even close ladies and gents.

gtfo

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:gtfo
Am I going to get slammed here for making a prediction? Are we not allowed to say anything other than god-like statements about Nolan? I just made valid points and I gave my opinion. I know most everyone here may disagree, and shun me for making contrarian statements, but I'm not trolling here, I'm giving my opinion based on information that we've received. My opinion may change, and I hope it does.

Skyab23 wrote:After the recent developments over the past few months, particularly with the Empire magazine revelations, I think now is a fitting time to discuss or rediscuss the potential that TDKR has to top the TDK as a film.
Now that the film is set 8 years into the future, this leaves many questions that have to be addressed, such as: If Bane really does know about Harvey's "Two-Face," mentality and the cover-up that ensued with Gordon and Batman, how does he know this? Furthermore, how will Nolan adequately explain Gotham's transition from TDK to TDKR over those 8 years, plus introduce at least 4 new intricate characters: Miranda Tate, John Blake, Catwoman and Bane.
When I look at all the variables, from the information currently released by Empire, to the set photos, to the new characters involved in the story, I come to one conclusion (albeit premature, of course, because I haven't seen the film, but this is all pure speculation for the sake of fun): TDRK will not surpass TDK as a film. Joker/Two-face or Bane/Catwoman. It's not even close ladies and gents.
I agree.

It will top TDK, and be best movie ever 8-)

Skyab23 wrote:Are we not allowed to say anything other than god-like statements about Nolan?
Yes.

There's a thread about this already.

:facepalm:

:suicide:

Skyab23 wrote:After the recent developments over the past few months, particularly with the Empire magazine revelations, I think now is a fitting time to discuss or rediscuss the potential that TDKR has to top the TDK as a film.
Relax.

Chill.

Take a breath.

Nolan has done this twice already.

He's got this.

Just chill.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:

Relax.

Chill.

Take a breath.

Nolan has done this twice already.

He's got this.

Just chill.

so you like everything Nolan has done so far that you've seen with this film? You liked the teaser-trailer? I thought it was very underwhelming and super-cheesy dialogue. "This evil rises." What about the Catwoman costume or Bane costume? I know it's going to be hard for me around here because I seem to be the only one with any little inch of skepticism, but I'm just being honest. I had a friend of mine the other day find out about the Heinz field shoot and that all the Steelers would be in it and he started to ask me: Is this going to be like Godfather III? So, I'm not the only one with skepticism out here guys, I just seem to be the only one on here verbalizing it.

Skyab23 wrote:
so you like everything Nolan has done so far that you've seen with this film? You liked the teaser-trailer? I thought it was very underwhelming and super-cheesy dialogue. "This evil rises." What about the Catwoman costume or Bane costume? I know it's going to be hard for me around here because I seem to be the only one with any little inch of skepticism, but I'm just being honest. I had a friend of mine the other day find out about the Heinz field shoot and that all the Steelers would be in it and he started to ask me: Is this going to be like Godfather III? So, I'm not the only one with skepticism out here guys, I just seem to be the only one on here verbalizing it.
Personally? No I didn't like the teaser trailer. But that's just it. It was a teaser trailer. The only thing it did for me was leave me wanting to see more. I much prefer Nolan's Catwoman and Bane costumes to the cheesy ones of the early 90's Batman films. Nolan's versions are alot more practical and realistic. Is there any skepticim? Yea there's some. But's its Christopher Nolan. He's yet to do anything I didn't like. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."