Nikki Finke: J-Nol and Goyers Writing Batman 3

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
natalie wrote:David Goyer never has writing credits in the Batman movies. He just set the Story, maybe he colaborated in the writing process but were Chris and Jo who got the credit for that. Even in Batman Begins, I red somewhere (I think in a EW interview), Jo help his bro in the writing despite the fact that he isn't in the credits.
Maybe Goyer and Jo are starting with a first draft but, in the end, I think will be Chris who take in charge.
How wrong you are. David Goyer wrote the first draft of Batman Begins with Chris Nolan's input. Then Chris rewrote the script for the final draft.

You can read Goyer's draft here: http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&source=we ... hkawrwIPZg

On the other side, Goyer co-wrote the story for The Dark Knight with Christopher Nolan, while the actual script was written by Jonathan Nolan and (later rewritten by) Chris Nolan.

Well what I meant was that I have found that some people think Jonathan Nolan is the Writing part of the team and Christopher only directs. That bugs me. I know Christopher Nolan didn't write the whole thing, but it makes me mad that people assume he just directs. He did write the script for Memento and the Following alone and wrote inception himself too, but people have lumped the brothers together like the Coens and it bugs me.

I've read that cris nolan has and idea for the story of batman 3,so now we know that nolan will be the director again :thumbup: .

PLEASE let there be an official announcement at last.

Well, it's clearly not an official announcement, but with Chris Nolan reportedly having an idea for Batman 3, and with Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer writing the script as Chris is finishing Inception, I'm pretty sure he'll fill the director's seat once more "in Gotham City".

apw wrote:Does anyone really believe he decided to leave FlashForward?

I suspect he was pushed. The show is a creative mess and the ratings have been going down with every episode.

I'm guessing the 'I left to work on my feature films' is just a cover for him actually being fired.

Did he forget that he worked on feature films when he took over as the showrunner in October? If he is working on Batman 3 then surely he would have known back in October that we would be needed.

Why take the job when he would have to leave months later. The last thing a TV series needs is to go through several showrunners before the 1st season is even over.
I pretty much agree with you. Goyer's going to milk his credit on the Batman films for all it's worth.

:clap:

No offense, but I think that David Goyer deserves some credit for the work he has done on both Batman movies.

apw
I give him lots of credit for his expansive knowledge of Batman which he has brought to the Batman films.

I just don't think his writing skills are that great.

apw wrote:I give him lots of credit for his expansive knowledge of Batman which he has brought to the Batman films.

I just don't think his writing skills are that great.
I think he does a decent job when working with the right people, and that's definitely the case on the Batman movies. He wrote the first draft of Batman Begins after all.

And let's not forget that he's reportedly writing the script together with Jonathan Nolan (with Christpoher Nolan probably doing rewrites later, as he did on both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight), so that's definitely good news! Don't you think?