Nikki Finke: J-Nol and Goyers Writing Batman 3

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
apw wrote:Goyer writing the script again?

Argh. Can't they just let him come up with the story?
God, I really hope he's just coming up with the story and Jonah's the one who's writing. Goyer is the only thing holding the Nolan bros. back.

Eternalist wrote:

God, I really hope he's just coming up with the story and Jonah's the one who's writing. Goyer is the only thing holding the Nolan bros. back.
Um... What? Holding them back how?

Although I think Goyer's writing is weak at times, he is essential to this project because he knows the comics so well.

Brendan M. wrote:
Eternalist wrote:

Um... What? Holding them back how?
Goyer's writing is pedestrian. There's a huge increase in the quality of Batman Begins to The Dark Knight when Jonah took over writing. Goyer knows the comics very well, which is great, but he should just act as a consultant and let Jonah write the script.

I don't like how people just assume Jonathan Nolan did most of the writing for the Dark Knight and how some think he has done the writing for every Nolan movie. Christopher Nolan has a writing credit on every one of his movies except Insomnia and is the solo writer on many. Jonathan Nolan (as far as I know) has not written a script of his own, so doesn't it make more sense that Christopher Nolan did much of the script writing on the Dark Knight. It just makes sense.

What weatherman said.

Anyways, Goyer does know the Batman series well. He should have a hand in the story.

it's probably just speculation

apw
Does anyone really believe he decided to leave FlashForward?

I suspect he was pushed. The show is a creative mess and the ratings have been going down with every episode.

I'm guessing the 'I left to work on my feature films' is just a cover for him actually being fired.

Did he forget that he worked on feature films when he took over as the showrunner in October? If he is working on Batman 3 then surely he would have known back in October that we would be needed.

Why take the job when he would have to leave months later. The last thing a TV series needs is to go through several showrunners before the 1st season is even over.

theweatherman wrote:I don't like how people just assume Jonathan Nolan did most of the writing for the Dark Knight and how some think he has done the writing for every Nolan movie. Christopher Nolan has a writing credit on every one of his movies except Insomnia and is the solo writer on many. Jonathan Nolan (as far as I know) has not written a script of his own, so doesn't it make more sense that Christopher Nolan did much of the script writing on the Dark Knight. It just makes sense.
From an interview with Batman on FIlm:

David Goyer: Well Chris and I spent about a month or so putting the story together. We wrote a treatment -- or whatever you want to call it -- together. Then Jonathan came in and did an amazing job [writing the screenplay].

That doesn't mean that Goyer and Chris didn't have a hand in writing parts of the script, I'm sure they did. However, Jonah did most of the writing.

David Goyer never has writing credits in the Batman movies. He just set the Story, maybe he colaborated in the writing process but were Chris and Jo who got the credit for that. Even in Batman Begins, I red somewhere (I think in a EW interview), Jo help his bro in the writing despite the fact that he isn't in the credits.
Maybe Goyer and Jo are starting with a first draft but, in the end, I think will be Chris who take in charge.