Hans Zimmer's TDKR Soundtrack

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Baniac wrote:
metalninjacake wrote:
I wish that music was on the soundtrack.
There most likely will be a complete score to TDKR, just like with Begins and TDK.

Baniac wrote:
metalninjacake wrote:
I wish that music was on the soundtrack.

This one?

Anyone have a link to a torrent for Zimmer's Origins (the suites) that I can download? I can only find one where the files are in FLAC form and I'm looking for mp3. Thanks in advance.

JAWS_Fan17 wrote:Anyone have a link to a torrent for Zimmer's Origins (the suites) that I can download? I can only find one where the files are in FLAC form and I'm looking for mp3. Thanks in advance.
Hold the phone, are they in FLAC format or FLAC quality? Because my versions of the suites are MP3 but only 128 kbps. Pretty subpar quality compared to all the other songs, and I'd love to have a 320 or FLAC version of the Bane suite. The last 8 minutes are better than the released version on The Fire Rises, because there's some awesome violin work behind the taking-over-the-city montage music that was in the movie but isn't on the real soundtrack.

As for Despair, I know it's all played during the ice-walking scene, but I'm talking about the first bit...the panicked violins with the bat wings beating in the background. It was the most distinctive part of the song and it gets cut out of the film.

This is still my favorite of the trilogy, but Nolan and Zimmer have made me question their motives a few times. I read the shooting script for TDKR and while the stuff that Nolan cut out was mostly superfluous, some of the lines and interactions that he cut out flesh out the movie a lot better.

As for Zimmer, he doesn't release the Nokia music, he doesn't use some of the best, most fresh parts of the soundtrack in the actual film, etc.

I finally found out why James Newton Howard wasn't here. It's because, in his words, Zimmer and Nolan left him out of working on the Inception soundtrack, so he felt like he would be a third wheel getting in the way while composing The Dark Knight Rises.

Come on, JNH. Come on.

Just listened to "Imagine the fire" like 20 times in a row. I love it!!!

This might be off-topic but what song played in Batman Begins when Bruce Wayne came back to Wayne Manor for Chill's hearing? I specifically remember the one part where Bruce finds his old stethoscope and he has a flashback of him and his dad using it.

EDIT: It's "Campfire". Never mind guys.

My favorite tracks:
#1: TIE between "Why Do We Fall?" and "Rise"
#2: "Imagine The Fire"
#3: TIE between "Underground Army" and "The Fire Rises"
#4: "Legendary" (Trailer 3 song)

If I had to rate them in a top five, I think it'd go:

1) The Shadows Betray You

2) The end of the Bane Suite (The Blackgate section)

3) Imagine the Fire

4) No Stone Unturned

5) Mind If I Cut In?

Speaking of the un-released tracks being some of the best, does anyone have any idea what the typical timeframe is between the movie's release and the release of the Recording Sessions/Complete Score for the movie? My memory fails me as to how long it took between the release of TDK and the release of TDK's full score, so I have no basis for comparison.

Thanks!

Jazzpha wrote:
Speaking of the un-released tracks being some of the best, does anyone have any idea what the typical timeframe is between the movie's release and the release of the Recording Sessions/Complete Score for the movie? My memory fails me as to how long it took between the release of TDK and the release of TDK's full score, so I have no basis for comparison.

Thanks!
The complete score to The Dark Knight was released at the end of January 2009, the movie having been released during July 2008.