TDKR IMAX prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Rashad28 wrote:
Mason wrote:Anyone know when the OST will be released?
Closer to the release of the film most likely.
Yeah, I know, but I'm not entirely sure on when soundtracks are released. A week before the film? Even earlier?

Mason wrote:Anyone know when the OST will be released?
Sometime in July probably, most likely a couple of days before the actual film. My guess is July 16-17?
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:most likely a couple of days before the actual film.
Qui-Gon Jinn dies. :batface:

Caekzor wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:most likely a couple of days before the actual film.
Qui-Gon Jinn dies. :batface:
#LazarasPit
"When art imitates life"

Sub-Thread: Analyzing the meaning of the prologue's cinematography

In TDK, one person theorized that the possible meaning to the opening shot was that it represented the Joker's introduction of chaos to the order of Gotham. The film starts off with a normal city, and closes in on a building. And then suddenly, the glass of the building shatters. The glass of the building represents the constructed order of the city, and the shattering of the glass represents Joker's ability to destroy that order.

In TDKR, (Gordon aside) we simply see long strains of grass blowing in the wind. Then as the camera rises, we see a jeep has been driving on top it. Then on the inside of it, is Bane's team.

Now if I had to guess, I'd say the grass represents that natural essence of the world, basically the element of untouched nature. But in the prologue as we continue to watch, we see that there has been a jeep of terrorists on top of it the whole time. My theory is that it's making a point that below the surface of what we see as beautiful and good, is something terrifying taking place, something waiting to strike and destroy.

This represents the fact that Gotham is in "peace time" and seems like everything is good, yet the citizens have no idea that Bane is planning to destroy everything during the midst of this "peace".

What do you guys think?

Forum Pro
Law
MiracleSleeper wrote:Sub-Thread: Analyzing the meaning of the prologue's cinematography

In TDK, one person theorized that the possible meaning to the opening shot was that it represented the Joker's introduction of chaos to the order of Gotham. The film starts off with a normal city, and closes in on a building. And then suddenly, the glass of the building shatters. The glass of the building represents the constructed order of the city, and the shattering of the glass represents Joker's ability to destroy that order.

In TDKR, (Gordon aside) we simply see long strains of grass blowing in the wind. Then as the camera rises, we see a jeep has been driving on top it. Then on the inside of it, is Bane's team.

Now if I had to guess, I'd say the grass represents that natural essence of the world, basically the element of untouched nature. But in the prologue as we continue to watch, we see that there has been a jeep of terrorists on top of it the whole time. My theory is that it's making a point that below the surface of what we see as beautiful and good, is something terrifying taking place, something waiting to strike and destroy.

This represents the fact that Gotham is in "peace time" and seems like everything is good, yet the citizens have no idea that Bane is planning to destroy everything during the midst of this "peace".

What do you guys think?
How you come up with this shit is beyond me, you have one hell of a mind my friend.

Very good observation

Law_of_4 wrote:
MiracleSleeper wrote:Sub-Thread: Analyzing the meaning of the prologue's cinematography

What do you guys think?
How you come up with this shit is beyond me, you have one hell of a mind my friend.

Very good observation
This is probably how he observes:

^^ :lol: Oh lord
Law_of_4 wrote:

Very good observation
I'm a bitch compared to some of the authors in books like "Inception & Philosophy" Just read one of them, you'll see stuff that makes my theories look like tidley winks.

My post before was pretty much just inspired by that one guy who made the TDK prologue theory about the shattering glass. I would have never thought of my idea for TDKR if I hadn't of read his theories.
Last edited by MiracleSleeper on March 3rd, 2012, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't be modest, you're a pro forum contributor. :thumbup:

solo2001 wrote:Don't be modest, you're a pro forum contributor. :thumbup:
Right back at ya...