TDKR IMAX prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
niniendowarrior wrote:Saw the bootleg footage and I'll wait for a proper trailer. I'm pretty sure this movie cannot be judged from the poor visuals and muffled audio. I will say that I remain unexcited about the movie. I didn't even realize the prologue was out until now.
Just out of curosity, what makes you unexcited for this movie??

:batface: F*CK YOU BANE VOICE HATERS!!!!
"When art imitates life"

anakin234 wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote:Saw the bootleg footage and I'll wait for a proper trailer. I'm pretty sure this movie cannot be judged from the poor visuals and muffled audio. I will say that I remain unexcited about the movie. I didn't even realize the prologue was out until now.
Why bother? It's obviously an idiot craving for attention. Not that one aren't allowed to be unimpressed or whatever, but why the fuck hang around on Nolanfans when you have nothing interesting to contribute with. No one gives a shit if you didnt like it, especially when you don't cite your reasons.
@sammyjankis88

Robin wrote:
anakin234 wrote:
Why bother? It's obviously an idiot craving for attention. Not that one aren't allowed to be unimpressed or whatever, but why the fuck hang around on Nolanfans when you have nothing interesting to contribute with. No one gives a shit if you didnt like it, especially when you don't cite your reasons.
You should post more.

Mason wrote:
Robin wrote:
You should post more.
+1

Hi guys.

Can anyone PM me the links for the best versions of the prologue and the trailer?

Thanks in advance.

Mason wrote:
Robin wrote:
You should post more.

I approve of Masons new avatar :thumbup:
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Mason wrote:
You should post more.

I approve of Masons new avatar :thumbup:
It'll be even clearer on Tuesday.

Robin wrote:
anakin234 wrote:
I was just wondering what the reasons were...No need to be hostile... Sheesh :wtf:

As someone who watched the IMAX prologue today in San Francisco, I must say that I honestly did not understand anything at all about what was happening. Part of it was the fact that I didn't understand much of the dialogue at all. Could someone fill me in? This is my take on what happened, but fill me in on the blanks if possible:
Starts off with logo, then Gordon giving eulogy. "I believed in Harvey Dent" - simple twist on the campaign slogan and yet that one extra "d" really makes it heartfelt.

Then suddenly we have a bunch of unknown people in a jeep driving to a runway in some rural area. Where are they? I heard that this scene was filmed in Scotland, but where are they supposed to be in the film? Who are they? From what I remember, at first it looks like local mercenaries getting a bounty for delivering some wanted men (faces covered by black bags) to some CIA dudes. (I read somewhere that the people in the plane are CIA, not sure if this is true; some of them wear uniforms with American flags, so they are American operatives of some sort.) But what is really happening?

This is what I think: the mercenaries were actually Bane's henchmen. They used the mercenary cover to get Bane on the plane. Anyway, the CIA guy says something to the effect of "first one to give me information on Bane gets to stay on plane, the other two get thrown out". He goes to the first one, threatens him. The guy doesn't budge, so gets thrown out of the plane. When CIA guy goes to second prisoner, prisoner starts talking. Turns out this is Bane. And I have no idea what Bane is saying. Meanwhile, Bane's plane descends on CIA plane and his henchmen conduct their elaborate "heist", I suppose. American operatives are all gunned down, the plane is torn to shreds and "towed", Bane says some more stuff that I couldn't decipher. The henchmen do some sort of blood transfer and then leave some guy behind on the plane. Then we see Bane and some passenger from the plane being lifted into Bane's plane. I would assume that the rest of Bane's henchmen (the guys in black suits) had already been lifted back into Bane's plane. But it seems like the movie emphasised the fact that one of Bane's men was left behind for a reason.

Can someone fill me in here? I honestly have no idea what happened. Maybe it's just one of those "wait and see the movie" type of deals, but surely the scene alone should explain itself, sort of like the TDK prologue. Also, what is Bane's motivation? What does this have to do with Gotham? Ra's al Ghul wanted to destroy Gotham for what he believed to be the greater good. The Joker wanted Gotham to descend into anarchy. Both of them had plans for Gotham that were directly related to their beliefs. What's Bane's plan? And is he really the main villain? I know nothing about the comics or Bane's history, but from what I'd heard, I just figured Bane fit in the "stupid but strong henchman" archetype and would only be a minor villain to Ra's al Ghul, who I assumed would return. But I guess that's not it?
Sorry for all the questions but for the last several years my Nolan Batman interest kind of died down. Now, after seeing this prologue with little back-knowledge of what's been going on, I feel so lost! It's like stumbling onto a season finale without watching the previous episodes of the TV show.